Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tennessee has Alabama on edge, stage set for epic Third Saturday in October matchup

SystemSystem Posts: 10,490 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageTennessee has Alabama on edge, stage set for epic Third Saturday in October matchup

Nick Saban wants to see Alabama play with an edge, and there should be plenty of incentive for the Tide to do just that.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@MikeGriffith you really impressed me with you professionalism and neutrality on the Bama/Tenn portion, as you have shown some creamsicle tendencies in the past

I was expecting you to share a close game with someone winning in the final minutes. -great job But I do hope the Vols find a way to win!

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

I always enjoy your analyses Mike and appreciate your keeping it real. It was maybe a little too real where it concerned the Dawgs, but thanks for dishing out the rat poison to the Gators and the rest of the SEC east. ;)

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Saban didn’t steal a page from Kirby’s book lol. I’ve never seen Kirby on his knees begging for fans to participate.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You haven't been following UGA football very closely in the CKS era. CKS often asks for the fans to show up and be heard dating back to his 1st G day game when he asked for 90K fans to show up.

AL vs TN is a big game. And a big game for UGA. Should TN win they would be expected to win out until a winner take all showdown with UGA on 11/18 (in Knoxville). Right now TN's running game is outperforming UGA's. TN's D looks better than UGA's too. TN is getting great pass rush from multiple players on a deep DL. UGA pass rush has been weak. QB Bazooka Joe has not been Hendon Hooker nor CBeck. But w/o a pass rush he might find his groove.

All that being said, I expect AL's job 1 is to make JMilton consistently uncomfortable tomorrow. AL has the athlete's at DB and on the DL to pressure JMilton and win the game. Should be a good game.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BAMA wins going away.

• Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ahh, Poor Mike. Constantly attacking the Dawgs with his passive aggressive schtick while always looking for any chance to make his Vols relevant. Alabama will wipe the stadium floor with the Vols. What a joke the Vols are. And the UT as a legitimate school...hahahahaha...my high school has better, more rigorous academics.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, Yes, and more Yes I want our Dawgs to win all their games on their own. Can’t stress that enough. But for me to be honest about my thinking, I Despise the idea of pulling for Bama. Despise it !!! But what with the situation at UGA at the moment. I hate to say it it wouldn’t break my heart to see Bama beat the Vols giving them Two SEC losses.

And also SC beating Mizzou giving them Their second loss as well. Please feel free to correct me on the Mizzou info. as I don’t have that in front of me at the moment. That Would be their second SEC loss should that happen right ??

I merely look at it as being Insurance for our Dawgs should they lose One regular season SEC game. Course the Dawgs would Have to go on to win the SECG regardless to continue their quest to make history.

Hey numerous times other SEC teams had “help” because of rivals losing !! I Believe our Dawgs can do it on their own. But I wouldn’t kick a gift horse in the mouth !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I also prefer let’s do this attitude. So I would love the Vols to be ranked in the top 10 when we play them AND then Mizzou also in the top 10 when we play them.

it just feels better when you beat a highly ranked team.

sure, you’re right about being SEC champs. But that is 2019 thinking. Now we want it all!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tenn played well for a half. THen BAMA wore them down.