Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Ladd McConkey vents about back injury, excited for what comes next for Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageLadd McConkey vents about back injury, excited for what comes next for Georgia

ATHENS — Perhaps no player benefitted more from the bye week than Ladd McConkey.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really good to see Ladd juking the FL defense. He is an instinctive player. Reacts automatically to situations. Good hands and feet. As Coach Smart said: "he is quicker that he is fast, but he's fast." The best combination. He should run all over Mizzou now that he is healthy.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"By comparison, the Pittsburgh Steelers took George Pickens, another Georgia wide receiver who missed time during his final season in Athens with an injury, with the No. 52 overall pick."

That was an absolute steal to get George Pickens in the middle of the second round! Ladd McConkey will not disappoint when he goes to the next level as well.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That catch, stop and reverse the field ….. out-running everyone for a 41-yard touchdown reminded me so much of the Belue to Scott “Run, Lindsay “ TD v. the gators in 1980!!

Anybody else think that!?

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ladd is a DGD for sure.

I hope and pray his back is fine and remains fine.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

…But against the hated Gators, McConkey looked like the best version of himself

when I first read this I thought it said “BEAST VERSION”. 😳

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

the past two "iterations" of the game?

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

Yessir! I knew that move bore some familiarity.

Lol...Lindsey was making those same moves in high school. It was his signature move. I've seen him reverse field 3 times...[sideline-to-sideline]...on the same kickoff and collapse from exhaustion on the sideline after his forth attempt at reversing field. He had a net gain of about 10 or 15 yds.

"Unbelievable"...was the only word that came to mind, at the time. And, I've been applying that word to some of these Dawgs quite a bit,...lately.

Lindsey Scott IS a lot like McConkey...or, vice versa. I can't believe i didn't put that together...thank you. Great Bulldogs...both of em...all of em. Ya gotta love a player, that loves to play the game. And, that's the only kind Kirby wants and loves to coach. IMO

Prayers to the Dawgs. Go get em boys...greatness is within your grasp. Just stay focused on you.

• Options
    SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 94 ✭✭✭ Junior

Crazy that he and Napier are from the same town .