Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC Network analyst Jordan Rodgers breaks down Carson Beck, new Georgia offense

2»

Comments

• Options
    87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

I agree the one flaw in Beck's game is the deep ball. He doesn't put enough air under the ball to allow the receiver to go get it. Putting air under the ball allows the receiver to adjust and go get the ball instead of the ball coming in flat and the receiver, running full speed, having to time it perfectly. The deep passes Beck completes are post or crossing patterns where the receiver can run to the ball. Arm strength, which Beck has, is an advantage for a QB, but he has to add touch to make the pass catchable. I see where some are calling this nitpicky, which it is, but when KS talks about missing explosive plays, this is what he's talking about: a team only gets so many opportunities for explosives in a game and he wants to take advantage of each one.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe this is the day you and Jordan find out how wrong you are. The receivers will do a much better job of route running and adjustment to the ball's trajectory today.

Carson has not been the problem on the missed deep throws. Granted he doesn't put a lot of air under the ball, but WR are supposed to catch catchable balls.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey Jordan, at Georgia you play on a TEAM.....you play to win.....take your BS assessment to the PAC....12/2 if you value individual stats, and I wish you well.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As good as the offense has been, I still believe it can (and is) getting better. There have been a couple of overthrows on wide open receivers and their have been a couple where the receiver could have caught it and everyone would have said, wow, great catch but the ball went off their finger tips.

Maybe its selective memory but there has only been one pass that I can remember where a long pass was delivered ro a receiver in stride without having to leap and he just whiffed on it. Maybe one or two alligator arms where the reciver didn't fully extend with a seaftey coming over, but only one just fumble finger dropped pass, I can remember. But my memory isn't what it once was,so...

Now on your shorter throws BB even missed one he should have caught in the end zone(only one in 2+ years)but number 6 has had more passes bounce off his hands then anyone else, but at the same time , he's one of our leading receivers,so theres that.

We're searching for perfection, as always, and it's an imperfect sport.