Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Things to know: Georgia puts SEC Championship Game hopes, historical streaks on line versus Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageThings to know: Georgia puts SEC Championship Game hopes, historical streaks on line versus Missouri

ATHENS — Kirby Smart’s Georgia football program is running out of school records to break, but one of the most celebrated could be tied with a win over Missouri.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA 42 Mizzou 24.......Enough talk....let's get it on. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

I’m going with the legendary Buck Belue>>>>41-13!!!

Dawgs on top! Hate on Mizzou!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

I believe a Nationally Televised, Home Game...with recruits on notice...will produce the Beast.

I see a score of...[UGA 62---MIZ 9].

Special Teams and the "2nd and 3rd" string, will keep scoring after they are installed to slow the scoring down. Lol

IMO, the defense will keep Mizzou out of the End Zone...all day. Add that to the havoc, turnovers and TD's, they produce...and, this will prove to be a "National Eye-opener", with Sports Media, being put on notice...once and for all......

The UGA Bulldogs are the Gridiron Kings of the 2020's. And, they welcome Alabama as the Court Jesters from the West.

THIS IS A STATEMENT GAME. I think..."Now", is the time to strike fear in the hearts of Ole Miss and Tennessee. Beat em, before they take the field. Show them the mountain they have to climb, in order to claim victory against "The Junkyard Dawgs".

There's a price, that not many...if any...are able or willing to pay. Lol...not even the 2023 "Beat UGA Period" Michigan Wolverines [now, with x-ray vision and telepathy]. Lol.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe cheaters, I mean Michigan’s schedule is ranked behind Georgia’s and will stay that way all season.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@BigDawg61 your prognostication skills should be applauded. If you are correct, we all should book our tickets to the CFP!!

im ok with a 42-35 nail biter as long as there is a W

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All Right My Bro. !!!! If your comments don’t light the fire the wood is soaking wet !!! Got me all fired up !!! Dawgs Will take care of business on their Home turf today !!! Go Dawgs !!!!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll take a one point win any day.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m just lost on the FSU strength of schedule supposedly being so much better than ours. They beat a now 2 loss LSU but that’s it. And michigan? Seriously?

Washington has an argument and I’m not bothered by, and I can’t believe I would say this, “oh, hi o” and their rank.

it will all play out as we take on the meat of our schedule so just stay focused and get it done.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@87dawg computer metrics ... and it will probably change after UGA plays Missouri

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The recipe for total dominance for the Dawgs to this point has been eliminating the turnovers. This offense is electric, and they can control the game by keeping Brady Cook and Luther Burden on the sideline watching as Beck and company drive down the field for a touchdown. Just don’t turn the ball over!

GO DAWGS!

• Options

Thanks!!....I got another one for you.

IMO...if Kirby wants to end this streak [distraction]...and, inspire the troops....he'll lose the Ole Miss Game. And, make the CFP by beating either a 1 loss Bama or 1 loss Ole Miss in the SECCG. Kinda like he did, in 2017.

Sometimes, you can take more from a loss, than a win. In the case of the Ole Miss game...A loss won't hurt UGA's chances, anymore than the 2017 regular season loss to Auburn.

On the plus side....Kirby and Company won't have to answer anymore questions about "streaks & records".

Soooo....my prediction for next week, is that...through playcalling...Kirby will manage a close game, losing in the final minute. Unless...Lane gives the game away. Lol

• Options

I think you just ended your streak of great posts! 😂

GO DAWGS!

• Options

Lol...I hope you're right. I just feel like I can get in Kirby's head. It's about "the mission". If the mission is Championships...then a strategic loss, could be coming.

Or....Kirby "could"...just keep kickin' arse till somebody stops em, in a year or 2 or 3,....maybe. Lol

• Options

We know that “all good things must come to an end”, I just hope that loss is a regular season game that doesn’t knock us out of a championship race whenever it happens (as you rightly pointed out)!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    edited November 2023

Man...! I'm watching Ole Miss, right now. And, they are impressive on the offensive side. Dart is "Money"...dropping em in a bucket at 20-30 yds. But, only "Adequate", on defense.

UGA could squeeze em with the running game...and, open up the "exotic blitz book", to dial up pressure on Dart. Keep him moving.

The Dawgs definitely "Can" and "should" dominate em...but, will Kirby let em?. All he has to do, is call offensive plays, into the teeth of the defense...and run a base defense, with liberal substitutions and few pressures. That's been his M.O. for sometime, now....When he wants to challenge the team and generate adversity.

Pressure turns raw coal to diamonds. I think that may be Kirby's "real" mission. Lol

As with that heat/pressure process with coal & diamonds...I think Kirby looks at "The Team" as the coal...and, He moderates the heat and pressure, to get all atoms [players] to align N to S [one mission] for crystallization...or a Natty..

I stopped questioning Kirby's methods a long time ago. I also think Saban does the same thing. You can't tell me, "Alabama can't score more than 14 pts on USF". I don't believe that for a minute. Lol

• Options

Looks like everybody else is getting a look at the "real" OSU, today. Rutgers is exposing them. Although, I thought they've "been" exposed, myself.