Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 things from Kirby Smart: Coaching and connection the difference in 30-21 win over Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 10,507 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
image3 things from Kirby Smart: Coaching and connection the difference in 30-21 win over Missouri

ATHENS — Georgia scored a 30-21 program victory over Missouri on Saturday, a tribute to Kirby Smart’s coaching strategies and his players’ execution.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2023

Jesus Mike, proof read my man!

There were five lead changes on Saturday before Georgia finally put the Tigers away at Sanford Stadium, as the Bulldogs’ defense sgot two fourth-quarter turnovers to seal the win. Amarius Mims) since the third game of the season.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m NOT saying this sarcastically but sincerely, I think ole Mike is tired. He’s been covering this Big and Important game before, during, and after. I think he just needs some sleep. Like I Do Lol . And all I’ve done is watched and made all my layman comments !! Proud of these Dawgs. They played a very, very tough Mizzou team. And navigated some Terrible officiating to boot !! NOTE I saw on another site Mizzou fans complaining saying the Refs Gave the game to UGA !! Sure, Yeah, Right. 🙄 If Anything the Refs screwed over Both teams. But they sure didn’t Give The Game To UGA !! 🤪

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No reporting on JDJ's broken forearm?

• Options

Doesn’t really get into any details or specifics but his injury is talked about on another thread. A reporter asked Kirby if he thought JDJ would be able to play in a cast. Kirby said he didn’t think so but wasn’t sure on that. I feel really bad for JDJ. He’s a leader on the field. And best of my knowledge he’s a DGD. I hope he can get back. But not sounding to good.

• Options

Kinda of off topic but Is sort of tied into our play off hopes and possible future. But #1 OSU struggled vs unranked Rutgers today until about mid third Qtr. They started breaking away at that point and went on to take care of business. This is the point in the season that teams start getting hit with fatigue. Only the Strong Survive !! I Believe in our Dawgs. And I Believe their in it for the long haul !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'll probably get some thumbs down for this, but I thought that at times our play calling was very poor. We called 2 timeouts before the half in order to get the ball back, and what did we do? We ran the ball up the middle twice. Another time we had 2nd and 1, and Beck was sacked on a drop back. That's when we should have run the ball. Just two examples.

But to be fair, this was the best team we've played so far. Missouri's defense is stout, their QB is seasoned and savvy, and their RB was difficult to stop. Happy to get the win.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I watched Ohio State vs Rutgers entire game and there is no way they are the number one team. We would beat Ohio State by 14-17 points, as their QB is bad and their defense relies solely on their font seven to get pressure. Cheating Michigan will crush Ohio State and hopefully Penn State beats Michigan this week, so all of them have at least one loss. Johnson going down is going to hurt us, but Next Man Up.

• Options
    DawgfromILMDawgfromILM Posts: 27 ✭ Freshman

Bobo is costing us at least -5 points per game with his play calling. Typically predictable and his bias for the run and lack of confidence in Beck’s arm. It will cost us the nc this year.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't speak to the 5 points but running Daijun and Kendall up the middle is like having to crank your dragster at the green light....Bobo, how bout some variety......have we forgotten the jet sweep??? As to Pops, Kirby and Courson will have a fight to keep Pops from snaps over a simple fractured radius or ulna......cast and pad it.....and maybe by Tennessee?????