Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Lane Kiffin opens up on ‘house money,’ friendship with Kirby, Tennessee indifference

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageLane Kiffin opens up on ‘house money,’ friendship with Kirby, Tennessee indifference

ATHENS — Lane Kiffin and Kirby Smart were at opposite ends of a rope one of the last times they went head to head.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yep. If I was a coach and Kirby was on my list of coaches I could call that would give me advice, he would be the first I would call.

Going to be a very interesting game. Glad we are at home. The crowd is going to be insane!

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

I didnt like Kiffin when he was at UT but he seems to have matured as a coach while keeping his joy of taking the piss out of people.

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

A win this weekend will move us back to #1.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawg fans, once again, we've GOT TO TURN IT UP a few notches this Saturday 'tween the hedges! You CAN make a difference! Be well rested for the game and rest your voices the night before. You know the routine! Do it!

TURN IT UP DAWGS!

GO DAWGS!

BEAT MISSISSIPPI!

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Figures such a dimwitted question would come from a Vowels reporter.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lots of banter....the Dawgs will prevail! It will take into the 4th Qtr., but the Dawgs have got this one.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2023

Here’s rooting for the Dawgs and watching a very entertaining game Saturday night tween the hedges.

now some of us would rather UGA be up by 28 after 3 quarters. But not sure if that’s going to happen. Just score one more point than the other team!

just get your popcorn!!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agreed!

I will have my victory gin and tonic ready to go!!

Go Dawgs! Hate on Rebs!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

@Brooksie, count me in the crew as wanting the Dawgs to be up 28 -- or more -- after three quarters. I'm all for close entertaining games, as long as those games don't involve Georgia. I always want a blowout in our favor. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Playing with house money" and hedging his bets with all this "Kum-Ba-Yah, Feel Good Fuzzy Buddy Brothers BS.....Lame would do anything to beat The Dawgs Saturday night, but he knows his team will not and the Rebs will do well to keep it close. Even if Ole Miss has a complete melt down....he knows Kibby would never run up the score so Ole Miss will leave The Classic City no worse for wear and if things ever go south in Oxford one day, he'll have a place as OC/analyst for The Dawgs. A win will get us another shot at Bama and the opportunity to secure #1 and seal the deal for our place for NOLA!

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

Man, I wish Pops wasn't hurt.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. Get loud Georgia fans. We were not consistently loud vs mizz. We need to be loud like the tenn game last year. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby is still friends with Saban. But he still relishes playing and beating Bama. It's not unusual for many coaches to actually be friends. Vince Dooley and Bear Bryant were friends. But if you look at the coaches who worked for Saban and moved on to be successful head coaches at other colleges it parallels what Bear Bryant did when he was at Bama. Great coaches are teachers so they teach their assistants to be successful as well. It seems the SEC turns out more head coaches than any other conferences. That's why we're the best.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is hyper Rat Poison. Pay it no mind. Mississippi should be the only thing that the coaches and player think about. It's amazing how journalists try to bring attention to themselves.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As much as I like Pops and he knows the calls and defense. Smael also knows how to call the defense. Pops had been having an up and down year and actually underperformed compared to his pre-season expectations.

I like the 3 alternatives a lot. CJ Allen Raylen Wilson and Jalon Walker all are faster and more physical imo. Are they fundamentally as sound? No, but I like their big play potential better and think we will be more than fine tonight.