Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-Ole Miss instant observations as Bulldogs bully Rebels in season-best showing

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football-Ole Miss instant observations as Bulldogs bully Rebels in season-best showing

ATHENS —For the first time all season, GEorgia had its best player, Brock Bowers, best wide receiver, Ladd McConkey and most talented offensive lineman, Amarius Mims, on the field at the same time.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am almost with words, except GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m really gonna miss Brock, he has been so fun to watch. If my chiefs can somehow trade into the top 5 and draft him as Kelces heir, I will be so happy

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great overview @Kconnorriley - really captured the strongest parts. What a game and what a team and approach the staff has built and keeps operating at a very high level. Hoping they can keep it together and roll through Knoxville next week. Go DAWGS.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Paging Mike Bobo critics. Any left? I think one holdout recently said "wait till the SECCG and then we'll talk" so I guess that is fair. So then, how about the folks who didn't want Carson Beck all offseason because he was the guy on the roster that was the least like Stetson Bennett IV? Where are those guys now?

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ssssh don’t let any rivals read this. But during Brock Bowers surgery they found out his anatomy is other worldly !! He’s actually an alien from another planet that’s well over 500 years old !!

He’s been watching football from his home planet since his early years of 85-100 years old and decided to come down and play. He actually tries to harness and disguise his super human powers so no one will catch on !!

There are strong rumors that another citizen of his planet with an Irish sounding last name came down about the same time !! Ssshh now !! This is only knowledge for Dawgs fans !! We cannot let the rest of the world know !!!

It’s also been said that another citizen had come down long before in the late 70s to early 80s and lived in South Georgia under disguise of his true nature !! He to played at UGA !!! Ssshh !! They live among us !! Que the Twilight Zone music !!! Go Dawgs !!!

• Options

Fully Agree with you on Both !! I never had issues with Either from the start. And I’ve never criticized either that I know of. Both have done very, very well in my opinion. Perfect ?? No. But there’s only ever been One perfect human being and his name is Jesus Christ !!

I will Always be appreciative to Coach Monken for his contributions to the success of UGA during his time here. He did a great job. But he wasn’t perfect either. There were Some fans that called him out on occasion, Right Here on this site but I don’t know if they would fess up.

No I don’t remember Who they were, but I distinctly remember seeing negative comments from Some on occasion about Monken.

This team has been a work in progress. Still is. But they’ve managed to get the W which is the most important stat of all, 10 straight times !! No it wasn’t always pretty. But when all is said and done the most prominent thing people remember is did your team Win or Lose ??

Most people can’t even recall the scores ( I Know I sure can’t ) let alone Offensive and Defensive statistical data. There are a few that do, like yourself. But most fans in all honesty don’t care unless it’s pertinent to an upcoming game.

I will say I have a certain admiration and respect for people who Can remember all that information. I’d burn up my low number of brain cells trying to retain all that info. !! Bobo and Beck are doing just fine with the resources they have. Go Dawgs !!

• Options

Oh Yes !! Agree !! And it was a thing of beauty to see !! Ole Miss entered this game as a pretty dawg gone good team. But as with Kentucky and Mizzou they ran into a Determined Dawgs team. Mizzou as they did last year gave our Dawgs the best game. Then Mizzou shook off the loss and annihilated the Vols today.

Looking back SC, Aub, KY, and UF pretty much went down the tubes after losing to UGA. Have to say Mizzou rebounded very strongly. Will be interesting to see if Ole Miss can rebound or not.

Tonight’s game gave me Much More confidence about the trip to Knoxville !! If our Dawgs stay focused and take care of business they should leave Knoxville with a W !! Kirby will allow them to savor the win Sunday. But come Monday it’ll be forgotten and time to go to work !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brocktober in November.....McConkey My work Donkey.....Beck The Bomber........Daijun The Devastator and Kendall The Canon Ball.....CJ, The Party Crasher....Schumann's Shut Down Men.....and of course, Bobo The Baller.....BUT from my seat the game ball goes to The Baddest O-Line in the land.....last night they stole that award that has resided in Big Blue Sign Steeling Country!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

Here's to TEARS of worry......for that pigskin prodigy on ole Rocky Top, Josh The Hoople.....pick another booger Josh and meditate.....on what The Dawgs did to Mizzou and what Vols couldn't to do..... the DAWGS of DEVASTATION are headed to Neyland.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate