Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia vaults to No. 1 in the College Football Playoff rankings

SystemSystem Posts: 10,538 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia vaults to No. 1 in the College Football Playoff rankings

Georgia took over the No. 1 spot in the College Football Playoff rankings on Tuesday night.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

The argument for having Ohio State #1 a couple weeks ago now favors Georgia. Good to see the committee being logically consistent in this case.

I'm glad to see the Dawgs in the top spot. Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt this team's ability to harness the power of external motivation. But at this point in the season, where every game is already crucial anyway, the added juice of not being # 1 is minimized. And there would have been real, tangible consequences for being ranked lower in the first round (traveling out to LA, and potentially having a more difficult opponent) that could easily carry over and make the title game more difficult. Of course, all this is assuming the Dawgs win out. LET'S GO!!!

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Oh, MAN! I really hope things hold. They can't, considering Big Woo and OSWHO will play each other really soon, but still. Having the Seminoles in the semi? I've mentioned it here before: those guys are tough, but they are JUST. SO. SLOW. It's like every receiver is really a tight end who could have never made it at UGA... I don't know what's going on in the ACC this year, but it really doesn't matter too much...

I am very much interested in how things will shake up after the next 3 weeks. How will the SECCG affect our standings if we don't pull it off? How will the B10CG affect the same for either team? Can Oregon really pull it off in their championship game? They've fallen flat at the end in the past few years, but Lanning has established himself now. If UGA loses to AL and Oregon beats Washington, what happens there? Are our absolutely dominant performances against teams on the list enough? Are the close games from teams who should be better but aren't enough for them? It's CHAOS!!!!!!

All that said, we've just gotta beat UT this week and then them yellerjackets next week. Bummers will come after we figure out how healthy and stealthy we are after that. One plus is that we end our season with some meat, while Bama is **** on bones. Chattanooga, then an absolutely deflated Auburn? Remember two years ago when we had the down part of our schedule at the end, and we were consistently winded in the SECCG? This ain't that year. Tech is Tech, but that's one week. I feel pretty good about who we are and how we'll handle the Bummers in the SECCG, but you just never know, you know? One game at a time...

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

3Peat !! 3Peat !! 3Peat !! Go Dawgs !! Mash them orange folks on the cow pasture at Knocksville !!!!

• Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

I for one am exhausted from seeing Ohio state in the top 5 every single year, for decades, playing absolutely no one. I’m hoping the realignment helps them play a tougher schedule. If not they need to move to the sec and I’ll respect them if they still win at that point. It really is annoying every year.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

Much of these over rated teams every year point directly back to ESPN. OSU and Michigan and we know who two of the main “experts”, commentators, hosts, what ever you want to call them are right ??

Oddly enough the one who played at the school who has B2B Nattys and I Believe ( Yall Believe to, Have Faith !!) are about to 3Peat, is no longer with ESPN. Got laid off. Said they were doing a budget cut, but Then gave a new guy $10 mil salary and his own show. Funny how that works right ?

So this 3Peat means So Much for Dawgs fans from so many different angles. Recruiting is a big one. And remember all the countless times our rivals would say Yall haven’t won a Natty in over 40 years !! Well I’m confident that a 3Peat would be a knife in the heart of that mocking for many, many years !! I’m Believing our Dawgs Can and Will make it happen.

Bama has indeed improved allot from where they were at the start of the season. But our Dawgs have to and More so. As some of you have already well stated, Bama will be the toughest test remaining. And Dawgs will get the W on them.

I just don’t think that OSU, MI, FSU, or Wash, could stop our Dawgs. If some how Oregon slides in there, they’d probably play better than those others, but they wouldn’t stop the Dawgs either. BELIEVE !!!!! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Alabama is the 3rd best team in the SEC this year. That's right. 3rd.

We need to TCB at Knox this Saturday.

Barring a complete meltdown with turnovers and crappy play we will beat Bama. Their offense is average and their defense though very good has not faced a team as talented on offense since those Clemson teams that beat them.

This is the best offense we have ever had and I think Beck is having a Heisman type year. You can't double cover Rara, Lovett, McKonkey and Bowers. Then you still have Edwards or Milton to deal with who is finally healthy.

Good luck.

We should beat Bama by 2-3 tuds.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nothing has changed. We were #1, then we're number 2, now we're #1 again. THe only thing that matters is winning, everything else will take care of it's self!