Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Everything Kirby Smart said after Georgia football blasts Tennessee

SystemSystem Posts: 10,478 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageEverything Kirby Smart said after Georgia football blasts Tennessee

KNOXVILLE, Tenn., — It hasn’t always been fun for Kirby Smart, as the Bulldogs won their 28th straight game on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    LakeSinclairLakeSinclair Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

Glad to hear Tate’s not bad. “Resiliency” isn’t a word - it’s “resilience.” Dillon Bell is a baller. Texas A&M needs Jerry Kill. Seriously.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

I promise you I’m Not trying to be a smart butt. And disrespectful to you. But according to several places on the internet resiliency Is a word. It’s essentially the same word as resilience. But it’s recognized as being a noun. I’m sure no expert, as I barely graduated HS less alone college. My grammar and punctuation absolutely Stink !! But Kirby Did graduate from UGA, so I figured more than apt if he used that word it probably was correct. Again not trying to one up you or anything, just wanted you to know. Do a internet search and you’ll see it is recognized as a word in modern times. Hope you have a great rest of the weekend. Go Dawgs !! P.S. And speaking for Me, Thank God for calculators or I’d be in deep trouble when it comes to processing numbers to !!😀

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No matter what word you choose, like Kirby said, this team can take a punch.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CKS- "We cannot continue to lose first downs and play in third-and-longs, but we’ve overcome a lot of those.”

What I've been saying all season. So many times we end up there because we are so conservative on 1st downs, and often on 2nd downs too! Run the ball up the gut when the offensive line isn't getting any push. Now ypu're 3rd and long!

Fortunately we have a cracker jack QB and receivers and have overcome the down and distance the majority of the time, but we're too good a passing team to in essence take the ball out of CB's hands and our receivers and give it to a RB for a 1 yard gain as often as we do. I understand you can't throw it evey down and I'm not suggesting we do! BUt there is a middle ground between running too often and not getting anything in return and throwing it all the time andabandoning the run.

I really don't know if we will be able to run against BAMA so, my hope is that Bobo will be more creative on 1st and 2nd downs moving forward. 3rd and long against the better teams is not a recipe for success.