Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia No. 1; CFP officials drop hints how field might unfold, 4 ‘best’ stressed

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia No. 1; CFP officials drop hints how field might unfold, 4 ‘best’ stressed

ATHENS — CFP executive director Bill Hancock served up a key reminder on Tuesday night when it comes to the operative word for selecting the four-team playoff field.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ChiefChief Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

These ,what ifs, are like political poles...so much horse crap.

If the Dawgs are on, they can beat anyone this year, they've proved it. Kirby..give'm the plays and not Edwards up the middle 3 times in a row! (He is having a good year).

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby can run whatever plays he wants. He can run Edwards and Milton most of the game like Auburn ran on 'em if he wants. He can do a Michigan and not throw a single pass in the 2nd half if he wants.

He has earned the right to be 100% supported by every fan on every decision. Unless...he says he screwed up.

That being said Bobo is doing a great job. Better than at least 50% of fans expected. Knowledgeable long time fans knew he would do great with our offensive line and skill players and then having a good defense too? Slam dunk! Bobo's best situation EVER and he did very well in the past with much less. Now he is a finalists for assistant coach of the year. Yep! Skeptics, just admit your doubts were incorrect and now support that man and hope he doesn't leave for a long time.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just win, baby. The rest is talk.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pulling for the Dawgs and the Ducks....love to see a Smart vs Lanning match-up in the semis...

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We all saw with our own eyes how Michigan laid a **** against TCU last season and we pounded them the year before. Then after TCU beats Michigan, we beat the pants off of TCU.

Ohio St gave us a much harder game than MIchigan would have if they had gottn by TCU.

All that to say this, teams win their conferences and sometimes go undefeated but that is a joke if you think that makes them the "best" teams.

UGA has been the "best " ream in the nation for how long now? going on 3 years? Then if, and I do say if, we lose to a top 8 Alabama tram we're suddenly not still the best team in the nation? Not even in the top 4 best teams any longer? THat's luidicrous! ANd why? Because we had the audacity to lose one game out of the past 29? Huh?

Which team currently out there would you bet the farm to beat UGA? THere, not one, that puts that debate to rest.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Chief, believe me when I tell you that Mike Bobo is one of the most creative play callers in Power 5 football.....I too get frustrated with Edwards up the middle when it seems to me the middle is a defensive wall....but there is a rhyme and reason....it takes several blows on a nail before it's driven into the board plus when a defense thinks they know what you're about to do....BAM.... QB run, stretch, jet sweep, RPO, et cetera. If you realize, like me, that LUCK is capitalizing on your opponents bad decisions and poor executions.....The key against Nick& Bama this year is not to make bad coaching decisions and execute poorly. It is without doubt The Dawgs can and will meet this simple requirement....we have more talent, more depth, better coaching, and most important.....The Dawgs have a far greater reason to WIN!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All true but now Bobo is in the Big Game again. Can Bobo get it done in the BIG GAME?

I think he does and Dawgs roll over the tide. Picking Dawgs by 10.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Against common opponents this year we outscored BAMA by almost 9 points on average per game and on defense we held common opponents to right at 4 fewer points per game on average.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We rested 8 starters against Tech and should be much healthier against Bama. Dawgs 38 Bama 24

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Win and were in. Lose and were out.

Simple.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are no real "Predictors" this year. Throw everything you once thought out the window.

IMO....It's going to come down to performance on the field...in the Conference Championship Games. The debate will start there...I don't care what the Head of the Committee "said".

I predict, they take the path of least resistance...to put the 4-Team playoff format to bed...once and for all. The Committee's BIG10 Representatives are desperate to get to a BIG10-PAC12 Natty Showdown....to kickoff next year's "new-and-improved" BIG10 in style.

Lol...as always...it's about money & Power. And, a clear BIG10 OSU/MICH bias on the part of "The Committee". 5 teams in the Top 12 and "the SEC could get left out"?..? BS!!!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

Agree 100%.

Dawgs 48.......Tide 15

IMO....Kirby Smart sees this game [UGA vs BAMA] as being bigger than "The Natty".

It's about recruiting and narratives at this point. You can beat Bama for years to come [like they beat UGA]...by destroying them, Saturday in front of the whole Country. And, the Dawgs have the defense, depth and firepower...to do just that.

The way i see it...Only bad luck and bad officiating can interfere with UGA's destiny, at this point. I guarantee you, "if they lose"...it won't be due to a negative mindset or a lack of depth, effort or execution.

UGA is the best coached...most disciplined team I've seen this year. Ironically....Oregon is running a close "2nd", in that department. Wonder why [tic]?. Lol