Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Nick Saban lobbies for Alabama to get in CFP field with one loss regardless of scenario

SystemSystem Posts: 10,477 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageNick Saban lobbies for Alabama to get in CFP field with one loss regardless of scenario

ATHENS — Alabama football does not have control of its destiny as it enters into the SEC Championship Game on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CKS is singularly focused on winning the actual game, not distracted by CFP politics. Good sign for Dawgs.

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

I respect Saban's accomplishments. I do not share in admiration for the man. His meltdowns on the sidelines and berating people in public is appalling. His sniveling about the CFP is pathetic. We are blessed that CKS did not pick up those traits during his time at Alabama. CKS is cool, calm, and 100% focused on winning.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really excellent post!

“We are blessed that CKS did not pick up those [pathetic Saban] traits during his time at Alabama. CKS is cool, calm, and 100% focused on winning.”

I could not agree with this more!

Go Dawgs! Hate on Bama!

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Coach Saban needs to focus his energy on lobbying for a good New Years Day bowl after they lose to Georgia. Sounds rather presumptuous of him to just assume that his team will be the number one team in the nation in their home state's stadium. Milroe is a good dual threat QB, but how many times have we read over the past three years about the next batter up's big QB or whatever who is going to run over the Dawgs? Hasn't happened, has it? I think that UGA's defense will sufficiently contain Milroe to let our QB score over 40 points. Let the games begin!

• Options

Nick Saban really needs to consider retirement after this season is over. He has lost the eye of the tiger. He is moving slower. Does he want to leave the ring as the GOAT or does he want to leave as the sparring partner with a cauliflower ear? Recommend option number one.

• Options

Don't fall for the hype, folks. If not for an unbelievably **** defensive scheme on the last play of the game by Auburn, Alabama would have lost against them last week. Auburn's DC should be fired for his stupidity.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with Nick. If they win, they're in. Their resume is better overall than the Longhorns, having then beaten more ranked teams and upsetting the #1 undefeated Dawgs. Even if TX beats lowly OK State, it won't matter. The head-to-head win against Bama was Week 2. Bama is a much improved team. If they beat us then they would definitely be one of the 4 BEST teams.

Fortunately, Nick isn't going to win Saturday so it's all a mute point. HA!!

• Options
    BackHomeBackHome Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior

Objection. Assumes facts not in evidence (namely having won the game). I hope his players are equally thinking about Selection Sunday instead of SEC Saturday.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's not going to matter because Bama will have 2 losses.

We win going away (by 10 or more).

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don’t think he did. I knew it was 2018. But Griff just confirmed it.

of course did Kirby lobby for a spot in the CFP?? That was the actual question.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

For what it’s worth. Someone on IG had posted a snippet of Kirby lobbying for the playoffs in 2018

he said “ ask any coach who they DONT want to play”. He said it loud and more than once.