Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football Alabama instant observations as Bulldogs can’t make up the small margins

SystemSystem Posts: 10,458 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football Alabama instant observations as Bulldogs can’t make up the small margins

ATLANTA — The last time Georgia played a game in Atlanta, it owned the margins. It made the key plays in short yardage. Picked up the important fourth downs. Didn’t turn the ball over in the shadow of its own goalpost.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    AndrewHughesAndrewHughes Posts: 16 ✭✭ Sophomore

How deep are bamas pockets? We should all ask the refs together.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2023

All the games this year where the dawgs came from behind bit them tonight. Can't do that against Alabama. Not sure Georgia had a good gameplan. Almost seemed to be winging it at times. The defense was so out of sorts and appeared LOST a lot. Bowers and McConkey - I'm not even sure why they were in the game, it was obvious that both were at half strength. Why not give some of the younger guys a shot? Or use Dillion Bell on some designated plays? Or trick plays with Bell lined up as a RB and use his throwing skills? Also, Arian Smith is our speedster, why was he not used more? Slants, post, so many options with that guy, the short and intermediate throws were pretty useless against Bama. Beck looked lost at times. He really didn't seem to be in the game. Not sure why this team didn't want this more, but I guess, at some point, the team is gonna fall short - it's a shame it was against Bama. I guess Saban really does own Kirby.

• Options
    edited December 2023

So...I can see a possibility and yes, it is SMALL. What if Georgia lost to Bama and Bama still does not make the CFP and Georgia somehow does since the loss was so close and to the #8 team in the country? I mean, Texas killed Oklahoma State today and they beat Bama. What if they get in and Bama does not? The Oregon loss today hurts that argument a bit, so I hate that, because they were ranked ahead of Bama. Who knows how this is going to turn out - still hoping that Georgia gets in.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wish I could be optimistic, but the only way UGA even gets a chance is if Michigan and FSU lose. Washington is already in, if Michigan wins they are in, Texas is probably in, and as SEC champ with one loss, Alabama is probably in.

• Options

Exactly! Georgia absolutely looked lost at times. Looking over at the side lines like they were still waiting for the play. Sometimes the Bama WRs were so wide open - it's like one blown coverage after another. This coaching performance will not get Coach Shu many quality job offers. It would also be hard to believe that Bobo will get the Assistant of the year award since his offense looked absolutely pathetic at times. And the Joe Moore award for the OL? Forget it. Michigan will be getting it again this year, and this time they deserve it.

• Options
    SufferinginAtlantaSufferinginAtlanta Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

It’s easy to blame injuries or officials. First, though, make a FG and don’t fumble.

• Options

Why can't Georgia get a QB like the MANY QBs BAMA seems to get that are just better quality? Better passers, better runners, just a total package. We have Beck, but man, his play tonight. Just awful. He runs, but he is not a game changing runner. He cannot evade a pass rush. I'm not sure how good our backups are either. I think we have three QBs that are subpar to anything that Bama has had at QB recently. I mean, Milroe and Young? Back to back? What the heck?

• Options

Pretty funny, I actually have people DOWN VOTING me when I am trying to find a reason that Georgia could get in the playoffs. LOL. These must be closet Bama fans. LOL.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Until we beat Alabama in the SEC title game it is what it is. Burton yelling at our fans at the end showed no class. I guess he forgot we got 2 rings while he was gone.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

And you are down voting people who have better, more logical arguments.

• Options
    shamymaxshamymax Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

Bobo is no Monken

• Options
    RS289RS289 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

We just didn't play our best game. I am a Dawg and will always be. We had a shot and couldn't pull it off. Hats off to the Tide. I thought Burton was wrong he is nothing but a ****.

• Options
    brinkmanmsbrinkmanms Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yep. Stats were pretty even. Difference was the FG miss, and the turnover (that trick play was unecessary), but penalties/refereeing certainly didn't help.