Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Nick Saban: Statement win over Georgia makes Alabama one of four best

SystemSystem Posts: 10,462 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageNick Saban: Statement win over Georgia makes Alabama one of four best

ATLANTA — Alabama made a statement on the field Saturday afternoon in Mercedes-Benz Stadium, and then Nick Saban made his statement to the College Football Playoff Committee.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith How about their “Statement Loss” to TX earlier in the Regular Season and by a higher margin of points ?? And the fact they were ranked #8 prior to tonight ?? And won by only 3 points. But Just As with officiating, Saban will probably get his way as he’s The Legend. The legend that whines, and pees and moans until he gets his way. That legend. If Justice were served NO him and his Bama team wouldn’t be in the playoffs. But again because of Who he is they probably will be.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

BIG Dawg fan but also a realist. What about Georgia's playing tonight makes anyone think they are one of the best four teams in the country? We lost our chance to be in the CFP when we came out without a plan, injured and looking LOST the whole night. Sorry, but it's true. We laid a major egg tonight. We will just get beat by another team in the playoffs.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They can’t beat us without help from the refs

• Options
    edited December 2023

This says it All why Bama should Not be in regardless of how loud or how much Saban whines: Texas was No. 7 entering the final week and scored a dominant 49-21 win over Oklahoma State that could keep them ranked ahead of Alabama — the Longhorns having beat the Tide 34-24 in Tuscaloosa in Week two.

MUCH higher margin of win over OK St. and was Already ranked ahead of Bama at #7. And No I have zero conference loyalty. I’m Dawgs Only.

Saban has Far to much control in the conference so I broke away from conference loyalty several years ago. I Don’t Care about his past accolades, he shouldn’t be able to manipulate the system based on his past achievements.

As for the Dawgs their ONLY loss was in post season and by 3 points. So if any team gets to “ sneak in” it ought to be the Dawgs.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, I'd hate to be a CFP Committee member. Dawgs do deserve to be in the playoffs, but I doubt they will. Bama should be in the playoffs.

One thing I do know after watching the first half of the ACC Championship game, is even if FSU wins tonight, they are definitely NOT one of the 4 best teams in the country. Egads. They should NOT be in the playoffs, but if they end up undefeated they probably will be in. Hoping Louisville wins.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Believe me the playoff committee will not even consider UGA. Saban took care of that. He is strutting like a peacock...rightly so. UGA lost...period.

• Options

Then you need to go to the official site and look at the stats. The Dawgs actually Did play a pretty decent game in spite of injuries to our most critical players and biased officiating. Yes Biased officiating.

Dawgs sacked Milroe Four times vs their only Twice on Beck. Dawgs had Eight Tackles For Loss vs Bama’s Seven. Beck had ( can’t remember the actual number) Significantly more passing yardage than Milroe. Beck was 21 of 29 attempts.

Bama did have more yds rushing but not by a huge amount but Yes significantly more. What really killed our Dawgs was the fumble.

On the missed FG, Woodring’s season long was 48 yds. it was a 50 yd. attempt. So if anyone can make their self feel better by picking on that kid have at it.

And the failure to Review and ultimately call a No Catch on that Fourth down play Really Hurt the Dawgs BAD as Bama scored a TD on the second play after that. THEN the Biased Officials rub salt in the wound by Reviewing a Much More obvious catch by Arian Smith in the second half.

TX beat Bama by a Higher score in regular season play. TX was ranked 7 coming in tonight and utterly Crushed OK St. So to Me it would be an utter travesty and injustice to let Nick Saban and his Tide in past TX just because he’s Nick Saban.

Our Dawgs fought very, very hard. But Bowers looked like he was playing at less than 90% and McConkey might have been at about 80%. Both played courages in particular McConkey and deserve Tons and Tons of respect.

Beck threw for 245 yds. That’s not to shabby. Lastly we were missing Pop being on Defense in a Terrible way. He is a field general and if he could have played could have helped direct the young pups. The Real Truth is our Dawgs played their hearts out vs a much healthier Bama team and came up short. Any recliner Coach can easily second guess the Real coaches as missing a snack is about all the risk the recliner coaches have at stake. Go Dawgs !!

• Options

I agree with pretty much everything you said except Bama should be in.

• Options

And if Bama does get in past TX the only Play Off team they could beat would be FSU. They would lose to either MI or WA.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My take...If FSU wins...CFP will be:

Michigan

Washington

Texas

FSU

If FSU loses...CFP will be:

Michigan

Washington

Texas

Bama