Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia shocked after 27-24 loss to Alabama, undone by mistakes, ‘gifted 10 points’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,448 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia shocked after 27-24 loss to Alabama, undone by mistakes, ‘gifted 10 points’

AT:LANTA — Georgia safety Tykee Smith stared straight ahead is the lower bowels of Mercedes-Benz Stadium late Saturday afternoon, a blank look on his sweat-stained face.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

We lost because we scored first. LOL As the game progressed I wondered why Bobo kept calling run plays, especially on first downs. It is like a given. I thought that the element of surprise had some merit. Nevertheless, a great run and great season for this edition of the Dawgs. The next game matters.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Undone by mistakes is true. Hobbled by injuries. But we never gave up. Gotta get past this game and get ready for a NY6 bowl. I don't expect us to be in the playoffs.

• Options
    ShadyGradyShadyGrady Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

It wasn't just "short yardage conversions" when it came to the line of scrimmage game. We often got whipped at the line of scrimmage on first down, both when they had the ball (getting 7+ yards) and when we had it (getting 1-3 yards). That was a SIGNIFICANT part of why we got beat.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Only by some miracle would UGA even be looked at for the playoffs. I think the committee has been waiting for this day. UGA is finished regarding the playoffs. Kirby and Bobo blew their chance at NCAA history...IMO. Beck is really vulnerable without solid line in front of him. I still believe UGA needs a scrambler QB. I would not pay him a million dollars to stay. Just my opinion. Brock would leave and Gunner too....I believe.

• Options
    shamymaxshamymax Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

Rule of thumb

When Bobo plays a team with equal or better talent he always loses.

• Options
    shamymaxshamymax Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

The Bowl game's important mainly for all the extra practices the Freshmen and sophomore 4 and 5 stars will get.

• Options
    Billy21Billy21 Posts: 195 ✭✭✭ Junior

One thing that is hard for me to understand is that we have, arguably, the best coaching staff in the country… How can we not draw up a game plan to beat these guys?? Besides the injuries and whatever excuses, we should be able to handle Bama. I believe in Kirby and he will remain successful, I just hope we find that one thing that takes it to the next level, but it may be more difficult with the NIL and Portal world now. Frustrating loss for sure, but gotta take a step forward for next year and develop some DL and OL. Them boys got all they could’ve have wanted tonight.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

We lost the game more than Alabama won it. The best thing that can happen is Alabama gets left out of the playoff too. Serves the SEC right for the garbage that went on tonight which seems to be a pattern when we play Alabama. The ref's had a lot to do with what happened tonight. The non catch cost us 7 points. And when they reviewed Smith's catch it killed our momentum when we had that Alabama defense on their heels. We settle for 3 instead of 7 as they were able to regroup during the review. Bottom line is this season is over and we beat ourselves costing us the opportunity for a 3 straight national championships. We need to start preparing for next season which will be considerably harder considering our schedule with the bowl practices. Fine with me if the players that are going to the draft don't play in the bowl game. Next year is now.

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 185 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sure glad UGA66 isn’t running the program

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bobo didn't move pre snap making a 45 yard field goal attempt be pushed back to a 50 yarder. Bobo didn't fumble inside our own 20. Bobo didn't let a running QB continue to hurt us. Bobo didn't referee the game. Bobo didn't cause the lingering injuries to our best lineman (Mims), or or best wide out (Ladd), or our best player(Brock).

We lost because we lost the turnover battle, the line of scrimmage and this year's long list of injuries finally caught up to us.

The players kept playing and the coaches kept coaching. We just came up short against a good team coached by a legend that refuses to lose in Atlanta.

I'm proud to be a Dawg fan.