Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia, Florida State have something to prove in Orange Bowl clash

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia, Florida State have something to prove in Orange Bowl clash

ATHENS — Georgia and Florida State head to the Orange Bowl with plenty of conviction and something to prove.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Orange Bowl should be a great matchup. FSU has a legit very good defense. Their backup QB will be back. I feel sure their offense will play better than they have recently. Hopefully Bowers, McConkey, and Mims will be fully healed by then.

Yes, both teams will come in with a chip on their shoulder wanting to prove that they should have been in the playoffs. I'm hoping most players will play and not opt out.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike Griffith???? What does UGA have to prove? You should just face reality and enjoy our success this year. Undefeated in season, Tons of injuries, freshmen playing all over BUT we still went undefeated following 2 back to back Nattys. You need a reality check man.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Meaningless exhibition by two teams who would rather not be there. My bet is that Gunner Stockton starts.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

I doubt many of the dawg stars will be in this game and the portal will be busy with players exiting. It will be an interesting game of mostly 2s and 3s.

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can't see Brock Bowers or anyone who is a high NFL draft pick playing in this bowl game. Nothing to gain, just a big payout to each school.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@truthteller and @Spdawg...well, for those players who want to be there it should be a great matchup. And I seriously doubt Brock Bowers, a guy who loves the game and is a true competitor, will opt out as long as his ankle is good. I will be surprised if there is any kind of mass exodus of players opting out from the Georgia side. On the FSU side there may be more players that will opt out due to the unique circumstances that their team finds themselves in. We'll see. We've got (4) weeks to get injured players back if they want to play.

• Options
    PlateauDawgPlateauDawg Posts: 43 ✭✭ Sophomore

Bowers is a true warrior but at some point you have to make the best decision for your future. Get healthy for the combine. Can't blame him for that at all. Same goes for Mims. Ladd. DGDs all.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

Next year is now. We need to use the bowl practices and bowl games to get guys better for next year. We open with Clemson and play the #3 and #4 playoff teams at their place. We gain little by winning or losing to FSU in a bowl game. We have everything to gain by preparing for 2024.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did this waddodicks actually say Jordan Davis? Got Georgia on his mind if so.