Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart issues official statement on playing Georgia-Florida State Orange Bowl

2»

Comments

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

On another thread I was lectured extensively by a person about how I look Ignorant putting Any blame on the Refs for the Dawgs loss.

OK even though I was Regular Navy and saw people from many different cultures, religions, social-economic backgrounds etc. etc. I dined with people in utter poverty and dined with people who were mega wealthy, though I’m certainly not.

I’ll play Naive and say that people are Always fair and unbiased. Just look at our govt. you Know ALL them folks are very fair and unbiased. Especially in sports. Refs are Always fair and unbiased. MI didn’t really steal signs. Pete Rose didn’t really gamble on his team etc. etc.

So for those of you who Really believe that please get in touch with me I have some nice watches for sale, some prime property, etc. etc. 🙄

A few years back vs Saban an offsides call on the Dawgs might have stole the game from the Dawgs. Later I read where the Official that by then had retired, said if he could he’d have probably called it different. Oh how convenient for him in retirement !! But he’s just trying to be Fair and Unbiased.

Sort of like the officiating crew in the more recent vs GT game were Just being fair and unbiased. Double 🙄🙄

For all my veteran friends here a phrase I’m sure they’ll recognize “Hey Joe you want buy nice watch ?? I sell Cheap, Cheap You Joe” 😂 Them street vendors So fair and unbiased.

Funny thing about recording games. You can actually See again, how the Refs didn’t stop the game to review a No Catch on a fourth down that two plays later resulted in a Bama TD. But they were just trying to be Fair and Unbiased.

Then in the second half the Refs Did stop and review a Much More obvious catch by Arian Smith. You know to give the Bama Defense time to catch their breath and regroup. But Hey they were Only trying to be Fair and Unbiased. Like with the call on Bullard for horse collar ( which Gene Santorie a former Chief Review Officer said he Wouldn’t have called) but No Call by the Refs for face mask on Milton.

But I can rest easy because I know those Refs were just trying to be Fair and Unbiased. Funny how that Fair and Unbiased thing works. 🤪

• BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really believe Saban is retiring after this year and they will do their darndest to send him out with one final Natty.

I wouldn’t doubt that at all. He has vast influence in CFB. Vast. Anyone deliberately not acknowledging that is either grossly naive or has been away on another planet for a long time with no video or audio signal !! 😂

And I honestly believe he Can and Has influenced officiating decisions over the years based on his achievements. Their intimidated by the man. They figure he could cost them their job or at the least a reprimand from their superiors.

Unlike Kirby, Saban will call out officiating Publicly in a heart beat !! That’s Supposed to be against SEC rules, but have we Ever heard of Any SEC Commish reprimanding Saban for his public rants ?? Answer NO !!

Though not against the rules he was lobbying for a spot in the Play Offs BEFORE him and his team even played the Dawgs !! Watch there will be Some Dawgs fans here say they admire his confidence. But as for Me I detest his arrogance !!

Yes I absolutely believe officials can be intimidated by him !! And media drools over him, Especially ESPN. Funny how David Pollack was conveniently fired shortly after his comments while sitting beside Saban about UGA being the new power in CFB. The justification for letting David go was Supposedly budget cuts. But then almost immediately after that Pat McAfee was given a $10 mil deal and his own show !!

So what about all the concern over budget ?? It was Fake !! They used that as an excuse to cut David because he had become to vocal in his views !! If Satan oops Saban doesn’t retire he just gained Even More power !! He jumped from 8 to 4 over a undefeated FSU. And caused a number 1 UGA to drop all the way to 6 !! The same UGA that had also dominated both the Coaches and AP poll for most all season !!

Yes he carries vast power in the world of CFB. And Will decimate his enemies Off the field as much if not more than on.

• 99nout99nout Posts: 234 ✭✭✭ Junior

I cannot stand Pat McAfee. He's one of the worst on ESPN.

Hey we certainly agree on that !! Man gets on my nerves quick !! A short term punter in the NFL and later a wrestler. Yet he replaced Pollack. Absolutely mind boggling !!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...I wouldn't know. I don't watch em anymore. Not my flavor.

• BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

I truly believe that the Dawgs would have played FSU win or lose.

if the Dawgs had won, Bama would not have been in the equation. But since they did, and are a better team than Tx, they had to include TX as that win in Sept has carried over all season.

TX is in the playoff BECAUSE Bama won.

• wpony714wpony714 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

More reason to dislike....

He also talked about all the people that ESPN laid off as well as telling Georgia fans they can go to hell to top things off.

“Georgia fans do not love me. The whole narrative all year was that because we came to ESPN that we fired Steve Young, we fired all the great people who were here at ESPN, which is my show’s fault,” said McAfee. “Then, on GameDay, David Pollack got let go. With that being said, I was very nice to Georgia fans. But in the biggest moment it was a nice little reminder to them all that you can all go to hell, too, for what you said to me all year.

Petty, immature, unprofessional azzhat.