Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Brock Vandagriff to reportedly enter transfer portal

124»

Comments

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This may all be a moot point. We don't know what next year's team is gonna be, yet. They may go back to more of a Bennett style offense, with sprint-outs and designed QB runs, with a lot of RPO.

Or....they could roll out a more traditional pro-style offense with Beck [or, whoever]. For the record...I don't think so....but, it will depend on the rest of the offense and what their skill players' strengths are.

Remember...they're getting B-Rob back, next year [hopefully 100% healthy]. And, there's no telling what the Portal provides.

In any case...this is Kirby Smarts Georgia Bulldogs. They'll field a quality, competitive team...and, I for one, am looking forward to it, already. Lol

According to what i've been seeing and hearing, on The Paul Finebaum Show [SECN]....It looks like UGA and FLST Fans aren't the only ones looking forward to the Orange Bowl. This could very well, turn into a Co-Championship, before all is said and done.

Bama will win the Natty with a Texas sized beat down. They will beat Michigan, then destroy Texas in the NCG. That would make them the sole National Champion.

But, if Texas somehow squeezes it out against Bama in the Natty. Enter UGA/FSU in the conversation. One of those two teams could walk away with the AP/Coaches Poll...splitting the Championship.

I smell chaos and a few "firsts". Maybe, even a little mutiny among sportswriters, if all that happens.

I want to leave you with some "Food-for-Thought" (Lol)...

Why does Michigan's win over OSU count as a better win than UGA over Mizzou? Why does a 3-point loss to Alabama in a post season game, count as a worse loss, than TEX over Bama or Oklahoma over Texas...during the regular season?

I can understand not wanting another TCU type NCG...however, isn't Texas, TCU and Cincinnati in the same Conference? Why would a 1-loss Texas be any better than an undefeated Cincinnati or 1-loss TCU, in the Natty?

The best 4 Teams this year are UGA, Bama, FSU, Michigan. It's that simple.

They created the playoff system to give everybody an equal shot at the ring...yet, they lockout teams that can actually break the ceiling. And they do it, based on name branding, National hype and rosters...not the football games, themselves.

As long as there is zero transparency in how teams are selected for the CFP.....there will be "outrage" and accusations of Corruption. This is America....we decide Champions on the field...not in a darned smoke-filled room with a bunch of people in masks. Lol

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Your absolutely right all the way around. I was just running the ole “test” signal like on TV in the ole days !! 😂 Your answers ( and reddawg1) are spot on. And bottom line about the Natty. UGA & FSU were Both Royally Screwed to accommodate a whining, belly aching, pouting Saban. All there is to it.

A HUGE Segment of CFB, Especially ESPN want him ( at all costs) to be King of CFB for at least a century, After he retires. 😂. It’s perverse but True.