Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart fired-up to play Florida State in matchup of college football ‘giants’

SystemSystem Posts: 11,081 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart fired-up to play Florida State in matchup of college football ‘giants’

ATHENS — Kirby Smart understands Florida State will be looking to make a statement at Georgia’s expense in the Orange Bowl.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Eric_CEric_C Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was enjoying this until you threw Bond in...not sure what he has to do with UGA's matchup with FSU, and some of his yardage was questionable in the SECCG, but whatever. As for the Orange Bowl, I'm really looking forward to it and am encouraged there is some excitement about it at HQ. This will be a great game and a chance for the Dawgs to make a statement!

I thought the defense did pretty well if you take away the controversy and bad turnover that cost 3 points. Could have easily been a 17 point game. I do wish they had held up more in the 4th, but they played their tails off. Go Dawgs!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There’s lots and lots of things I could say about the SECCG. But I’d just be a broken recording saying the same things over and over. I’ve vented enough, and I think, I Hope, I’m over it. But it’s a deep emotional wound that will take some time to heal.

I’m sure Allot of my fellow Dawgs fans feel the same way so I’m in good company. I can tell your hurting to, but to Your Credit, I see you are trying to take on a positive attitude and get onward and forward. That’s a good thing. So the best way for us to get over it is by our beloved Dawgs utterly crushing the Noles !!

I wish You and ALL my fellow Dawgs fans a Great & Merry Christmas !! It is my Greatest Hope that we will All pause for a moment and Remember what CHRISTmas is Really all about. Jesus the Reason for the Season !! God Bless & Protect You and All my fellow Dawgs fans !! Go Dawgs !!

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What happens with regards to the transfer portal will determine how interested the fans and the team will be in the game Ohio State and Oregon State have already seen their starters leave. The pressure will be on the remaining QB’s to make their intentions known so as not to miss out on opportunities.

I am NOT in Any way, shape, or form a Noles fan. I’m not even an SEC conference fan. I’m a Red&Black blooded Dawgs fan to the Bone !! But IF it wasn’t for the fact that our beloved Dawgs are playing them I’d actually be pulling for the Noles against another team.

They got screwed Royally !! Big Time !! And any Dawgs fan that supports The Committee on their decision to screw FSU. Ask yourself a What If question. What If our Dawgs had beat Bama by Only a FG, which would mean they would be undefeated, won their Conference Championship, but because of All the Numerous injuries on the Dawgs team only winning by a FG, The Committee decides to drop the Dawgs. While at the Same Time promoting Two one loss regular season teams ??

Come on now Yall Know you’d be hotter than a $2 pistol !! But as things are our beloved Dawgs DO play FSU and there for I Hope our Dawgs utterly decimate them. And I Believe they will.

The Committee ended the 4 game PlayOff system with a n a s t y and u g l y and Terrible decision that if the Playoffs had Continued in that format would have set a Horrible precedent !!

A Power 5 school, Undefeated, Won their Conference Championship, Left Out, while TWO one loss teams were promoted, one all the way from the #8 slot, utterly incredible, and So Wrong !! Go Dawgs beat them Noles !!

This is supposed to be post SECCG and looking Forward to the Orange Bowl. I don’t get the reference to Isaiah Bond either. Doesn’t seem to have any place in the narrative. It Does serve however to pick at a very painful scab trying desperately to heal for many Dawgs fans. But the writers of these articles can pretty much write what ever they want to under the banner of DAWG Nation.🙄

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@navydawg

WIth all due respect, if anyone got screwed it was UGA, not the Seminoles. Have you seen the betting line for our game with them?

• Eric_CEric_C Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior

@reddawg1 I think there should be more discussion about this tbh. You would think the Dawgs were beat by 17 points with the way they've been dismissed by the media. I say to the media, even as a life-long Dawg fan, I can accept not being in the CFP, but please don't just throw us out with the "trash." Falling so far from the pinnacle after a 3 point loss, to a coach who has never lost in Atlanta, deserves more discussion, and the Dawgs deserve more respect.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CO-National Championship Game....UGA vs FSU in the Orange Bowl. Winner gets a share of the Natty. They both have a legitimate claim.

This year, doesn't feel any different than some of the Pre-BCS/CFP Polling years, when there was almost always a legitimate "Contender" left out, in favor of one of the "darling Teams"....OSU, OKLA, USC, MICH, BAMA, PENN ST....etc..

Hype selected the Champion, in those days....and, it's the guiding light this year as well. The "Committee" listened to the hype, instead of watching the games. That's obvious. CFB should fire their asses and get their money back. Lol

• David1David1 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree about the non Georgia player being mentioned because mainly of a catch that should have never been one to begin with, but that’s Mike “run his mouth” Griffith for you. I think it’s time for him to leave and go somewhere else or back to rocky flop.

I think Both teams were Royally screwed !! But I just try to pretend what if the Dawgs were in FSU’s position having gone undefeated And win their Conference Championship as well. One of the cliches we hear allot is “Champions find ways to win”. Well even with their starting QB out FSU found ways to win. Now that doesn’t seem to matter.

As for our beloved Dawgs they were screwed both In game and After game. I think having served my country, duly paying my share of taxes, and trying to be a good citizen I’m entitled to my opinion. NOT referring to You. Without being called a Loser, **** or Silly. What my wife and I saw as well as all my other family and friends was the Dawgs get reviewed Twice by the Refs. One on McConkey which they Rightfully ruled a No Catch. And one on Arian Smith which they Rightfully ruled as a Catch. But NO review on a Bama what clearly looked like a No Catch, which if properly reviewed would have turned the ball over to the Dawgs as it was fourth down. Only two plays later Bama scored a TD.

Also No Call on Bama for a very clear face mask on Milton. There were numerous other No Calls. Yet I’m lectured by Some here that I’m a Loser, Ignorant, ****, Silly for my Seeing those things ( and All my Family and Friends) and saying that Yes they Did have an effect on the game. Like Take Away the 7 points from Bama for being Stopped on fourth down if ruled properly.

I’m also told by Some that I’m a Loser and a Whiner and Complainer about saying that Bowers who accounted for 52% of Offense before he was injured and McConkey the next best right behind him were Both injured Before the game even started. As well as Mims who had made the big holes for Milton vs GT. Though he was injured In Game.

I’m name called for stating those things. And in a poor attempt to make a comparison reminded about Bama’s players being injured in 2020. But they were injured During the game. Bama came INTO This game with only One Key player out ( other players on Both teams injured but only referring here to Key critical players) where as Dawgs had Numerous players out and Bowers and McConkey obviously Well Below 100%.

We all saw Both Bowers and McConkey drop passes that when fully healthy they probably would have caught. I’m told that should’ve just passed to others.

Well Beck has been very efficient at spreading the ball around. Could it be that “The Others” were having trouble breaking coverage and getting open ?? Is it a Reasonable Statement to say that Bowers and McConkey are our Best receivers at getting open When their healthy ?? After all they Are our top receivers. But according to Some ( Not You) I’m a Loser, Silly, Ignorant, **** etc.and just “making excuses” for pointing that out.

So Bama played the Best version of the Dawgs and won ?? NO they did not. All one need do is Look at their margin of victory over opponents, Especially Common Opponents to See that they are NOT a better team than the Dawgs.

No what they did was win against a beat up and battered Dawgs team with Much help from the Refs and still only won by three points. Had the Dawgs played them fully healthy AND the Refs called a fair game, the Dawgs would have Crushed Them. Period. I’ll go to my grave believing that.

And people who think Refs can’t influence and Do influence games are being utterly naive. Remember the Phantom Offsides vs Bama in 2017 ?? This world we live in is not fair and unbiased. Not at all. It’s the same for sports. The PlayOff Committee just underlined that in a Big Way !!

So to those who call me a Loser, ****, Silly, Ignorant, etc. etc. I Know what I saw, and Will agree with my family and friends that saw the same things before I’ll yield to some cyber bully. Bama flat out doesn’t deserve to be in the PlayOffs. But like our Govt. choosing to let the VA serve Illegal Aliens entering our country, on an Immediate basis, ( Yes their doing that, have been for quite some time, Congress about to launch an investigation) over Veterans waiting for Months for service. People in authority don’t always conduct themselves in a Fair and Unbiased way. Follow the money……… @reddawg1 All this stuff not directed At you, just speaking to people at large. Go Dawgs !!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If most of the team remains intact, UGA should beat ...should beat...FSU. I thought the same about Bama...that sent me to my heart meds. So, I hope UGA can pull it off. FSU reportedly has a Bama type defense! Very stout. UGA's weakness..yes, I said it, weakness. FSU has no air attack whatsoever. UGA will have to scheme well against their defense. The Dawgs struggled against bigger Bama. I pay no attention to betting lines. None. The third string QB will have improved some by Dec. 30. They will definitely run the ball. Dawgs should win handily...but I say that within the parameters of my own opinion. UGA has to win this one!

The Dawgs weakness was injury...not defense. As exhibited by all of the Freshmen that "had" to play, in order to fill out the roster. A "Freshman" was responsible for blown coverage, in the 1st qtr, that led to a Bama TD.

Healthy....There aren't very many defenses that can hold a candle to UGA. Unlike FSU...UGA would've been healthy, by the time the CFP Semi Final game came around. IMO

"For all the bluster of the unbeaten record, the CFP committee had a valid point about the team’s drop-off at quarterback."______MG

This is "football"...not "quarterback ball". I don't give a darn, if they lost every back they had....FSU won their final 2 games and "earned" the right to represent their school and Conference in the CFP.

The Committee said they "don't project"...but, that's exactly what they did...to FSU....not, UGA. UGA would've been healthy and true-to-form by the 1st game in the CFP. And, would've stomped a mud hole in any of em...including Bama. Bama caught UGA at an opportune time for Bama.

IMO...An undefeated P-5 Team...buys themselves a "Benefit-of-the-Doubt" card, in a 4-Team Tournament. You can split hairs and posture about offense vs defense. But, the fact is...you have to score on em to beat em...and FSU had a month to fix the QB situation. So, I ain't buyin' it.

The ACC Commissioner being against the 12-Team CFP beginning in 2023-24, indirectly led to FSU and the ACC being eliminated from the '23 CFP. Payback is a b..tch. Lol...if there was 12 teams, this year...FSU would've gotten in. So, the ACC has no one to blame but, their own Commissioner.

• BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 192 ✭✭✭ Junior

Choke… when it mattered we choked. We are no longer elite.

• BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 192 ✭✭✭ Junior

The offense dod not score the magic 30. Bobo exposed. Never hire your friends and family…