Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Carson Beck, Brock Vandagriff and what comes next for Georgia football quarterback room in 2024

2»

Comments

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

I appreciate that you at least acknowledged the worm cannery of it all, but frankly that was a tired talking point years ago. With that in mind, I'll keep my response brief. Fields was already vocally disgruntled by week 2 of his freshman season. And it's not like he just rode the pine all year. For a team with championship aspirations and a well established starter, they put their true freshman QB out there quite a bit. Considering all of that, and the arrangement that Fields sought upon leaving Athens, I find it extremely difficult to believe that he would have been satisfied with anything less than being handed the starting job.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

BVG did graduate. Thus not sure if a UGA degree is important to GS, otherwise I could see him at South Carolina as BVG @ Kentucky

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Didn't you think Beck would leave too? Now Gunner when he is in the catbirds seat to start in2025? Gunner loves Georgia and is ahead of the 2 incoming QB's by 2 miles.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Everyone needs to realize Bobo was told to be conservative and protect the right side when Mims couldn't go. Bobo ha to follow orders. Also, we ran the EXACT non-conservative reverse, that was fumbled, against GT and it gained 30 yards. So give that a rest.

Coaches had us in position to win the game against a better defense. Things happened like a catch that wasn't on 4th down, a fumbled reverse, non-calls, 2 highest NFL draft picks not healthy plus 2 other starters on offense same boat, Ladd & Tate, etc. NOBODY'S FAULT at UGA. Nobody's.

Play Bama again and we likely win. But on that night, things happened and there were factors. Its all good though. Can't win them all. Won't win them all. Bama was best team we played all year. Could have and would have won if 1 or 2 plays went different. Just 1 would have been enough. That is true as true gets. Great season.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yes I did. Us fans really know exactly what the players are thinking. 😳

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gunner just became the next man up. He has always stated he wasn't leaving UGA. As of right now, he's just like evey other talented prospect coming out of HS-meaning he doesn't hold alot of value in the portal. HE has virtually no college game tape. The most value he has anywhere in college football right now is at UGA, where if CB went down with an injury, he's the starter. He could do like BVG and go compete for a starting job at a lesser program, but I don't see any coach just gauranteeing him a starting spot.

Plus, I'd day he more than likely plays alot in the ORange Bowl!