Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

2024 Georgia football schedule: Way-too-early ranking of opponents

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
image2024 Georgia football schedule: Way-too-early ranking of opponents

ATHENS — Georgia football is making a run at what would be a seventh-straight Top 10 season and bowl victory, but already, talk has turned to 2024.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am not sure what the Dawg team will look like yet. Far too early to really speculate, which I did on another site...two or more losses. Now I am speculating at least two losses. I see UGA as being severely decimated on defense and some offense. RB slots look strong. Portal may bring some help at WR and TE Also, need some real beefy boys up front as Bama clearly showed us.. Big lugs like Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter that can move. Speedy linebackers as well. On and on.

Matt Luke will do some good things for Clemson. I am not sure about Brock V. with KY. He is a much better RPO QB than Beck but lacks team leadership experience and reading the defenses,. Will be interesting. Bama and Texas I believe may beat UGA. Possibly Auburn. Means nothing really...I could be wrong on all counts. I need a roster of UGA players for 2024. We are still in the early portal phase and NFL selections. Hate making these pie in the sky predictions.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

Several tricky games, especially the back-to-back with aub and the team that can’t beat us without help from the refs. Who did Kirby tick off at the sec office to get that plus that team and Texas both on the road? Possibly the toughest schedule in the nation next year. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah I agree Far to early to be able to do some Serious speculating.But it’s still fun to do it !! Like you said we don’t know what players we’ll have at UGA.

About the Transfer Portal, I saw earlier today here on DN, that Two DL are leaving TA&MU. One of them was a 5 star out of HS from Milton, Ga. The other one had “ties” to Georgia.

Wonder if they are quality enough for Kirby to pursue them ? If he does and one or Both came to UGA they would get elite coaching and practices. They’d do their selves a favor coming here, as Kirby and company would have them better prepared for the NFL when their time comes. Dawgs definitely are gonna need some help on the D Line among many spots/units.

We’ve read that Kirby’s not to crazy about using the TP unless he just has to. But with things being as they are, he might Have to be more aggressive using the TP this year.

There is one Good thing that helps at least some. And that’s the fact because of so many injuries, Allot of young guys got substantial playing time. Heck some freshmen played pretty much all season if memory serves. Go Dawgs !!

• Options

On our RBs, Branson Robinson showed Tons of potential before he got injured. But I know it will take him some time to get over that Mentally even after he’s well healed physically.

Roderick Robinson also showed Tons of potential before his I think less severe injury. Wouldn’t be surprised to see some of him in the Orange Bowl. Andrew Pau played some this year, the Coaches were real high on him before he got hurt.

And help me on this, I can’t think of the recruit’s name we have that we hope will follow through and sign his LOI. He’s ranked 3rd or 4th RB in the country right ??

Then we’ll still have Mews and Cash Jones. Oh and Bell will still be here correct ? If Kirby could dip his net in the TP and pick up maybe one quality RB that would be good insurance. Like the kid from Vandy, I think he’s their best RB, and I think from the state of Ga. ? Anyway we’ve got Allot to watch for !! Need more receivers to !!

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 143 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don’t think we’ll have strength of schedule problem next year.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nate Frazier is committed as part of the 2024 class. He's ranked as the #8 RB in the country.

• Options

We are losing a lot of players off this team; to transfers, graduation, and to the NFL. I'd be curious as to how many scholarship openings we will have. I do know that we have 28 hard commits for the 2024 incoming class. I wonder if this will leave room for incoming portal transfers.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really? At one point he was the #1. Did he get injured or something?

• Options

247Sports has him as the #8 RB, BUT, the 247Sports Composite has him at #2. Don't ask me to explain what "composite" means because I have no idea how that is calculated.

• Options

Hey Thanks for that info. !! And also the follow up discussion on him between you and @E_Roc Thanks to you to E_Roc. Kirby’s staff will improve him to his best potential !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We could use a couple of Big recievers with speed to take the top off. The one RB we have coming with the 4.3 speed will be a handful on check downs and wheel routes. HE will occupy the opposing teams ML.