Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football team leader Javon Bullard ‘forgot what it’s like to lose’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football team leader Javon Bullard ‘forgot what it’s like to lose’

ATHENS — Georgia safety Javon Bullard is having a hard time coming to grips with defeat.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Get used to losing, Bullard, cause in '24 UGA is gonna lose at least two or three. Bama to start. I had such high hopes for UGA against Bama this time.but I can see it will be awhile before UGA bests them again. Out coached and out gamed by both lines. Beck fumbles a hand off and that finally lost the game as far as I am concerned. Inexcusable...but that's football. Saban is definitely still king....Kirby is good but a ways to go. I will say it...Bobo and his pedestrian play calling did not help. Water over the dam now. That is my riff.

The Orange Bowl is really of no consequence...both teams on partial rosters...I will likely not watch it. Waiting for next spring.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In the words of Ron Burgundy,

”that escalated fast!”

The sky is not falling.

The biggest least spoke about ingredient necessary to win a natty or make the playoff is luck.

We got lucky last year in that osu game. And Bama got very lucky this year with officiating.

I am in no way shape form or fashion ready to throw dirt on Kirby’s dawgs yet. Between injuries and the portal we have no idea what the team is going to look like next season.

What I can tell you is the team is exhibiting high character qualities as not any of the super stars have “opted out” ( a Latin phrase meaning quit) on their teammates and that my friend is a quality to be praised.

so…. All of this taken into account. Let us raise our glasses high and toast this years team and many many more championships to come.

dilly dilly and go dawgs!

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nah. Nah to all of it.

No consequence? Sure, it doesn’t put us any closer to a championship, but sheesh. To suggest that any game doesn’t matter rings a little bit of that entitlement that your man Saban accused his Bummer fans of last year when they made the mistake of losing one game.

Jeez, man. We lose one highly contested game in two years with an incredibly banged up locker room and it’s dadgum Chicken Little. If this year’s overrated Texas team can beat the Bummers at home early in the season, we’ve no reason to believe a room full of healthy Bulldawgs - many of whom will be returning from this year’s team - can’t do it next year.

Sorry, but your prediction of multiple losses is just as unfounded as all of your blowing on about how we were gonna stomp Alabama.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

1 play has NEVER, and will NEVER, win, or lose a football game. Its the mistakes, or plays you made the whole game that decide if you win or lose. So Becks fumble was just a little piece of the big puzzle. Penalties, missed tackles, dropped passes, badly thrown passes, no running game, a sketchy defense at times, lackluster special teams play, and poor coaching at times cost the DAWGS the win, not 1 play.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As bad as we played in all 3 phases of the game and getting out coached, we still had a chance to win the game. Two huge mistakes from the zebras ultimately led to our loss. The non review of the “catch” on 4th down and the horse collar tackle that wasn’t. They can’t beat us without help from the refs.

Ball on the ground, ball on the ground… Looking like a f o o l with the ball on the ground.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2023

This was about as weak a Bama team as we will face and this was our opportunity to win multiple games in a row against them AND maybe send Saban into retirement. BUT...We dillied and we dallied until Bama beat us. I mean, WHIPPED us in the trenches. It was like Deja-vu all over again. That was definitely a game that looked like we had taken a step back. AND, we have to face Bama again in Tuscaloosa next year. It doesn't get any easier because Bama will be a better team next year. Beck needs to sharpen his long throws. Teams do not fear the bomb at all with him behind center. His good passing percentage is because he throws mostly short to medium passes. I just don't trust him against elite competition. You know Bama nation thinks that order has been restored with the master again whipping the student. I hate that. I thought Georgia had enough talent to cover the injuries to some of our players.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love how we can be sure Bama ain’t gun a lose anyone to the portal and they are going to be super healthy 10 months from now

I look at that game in Tuscaloosa as a shot at redemption.

• Options

I love it when the less bright people on this site vote you down just because you speak words of truth about our beloved dawgs. Sometimes "tough love" is what is needed and the snowflakes in this group cannot handle it. The dawgs were not among the 4 best teams in the country this year at the end. And that is the truth. Down vote me all you want, but that just shows you cannot handle the truth. We had an opportunity to make HISTORY and do something no other team, not even Bama had done with a 3-peat season. We could have extended our winning streak, we could have won our second game in a row against Bama. All of that is gone because our team was beaten to a pulp on both lines of scrimmage. The score doesn't reflect how out classed we looked. How inept. Sad. Horrible coaching, terrible execution from the players. Just a real shame. Feel free to down vote me as this is a secondary account, I use this one to tell the truth when it needs telling. LOL. I'm actually laughing as you down vote...do it in 3, 2, 1.

• Options

I hope you are right. But the way our history with Bama has played out, especially over the past 10 years, don't count on it.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

Did yall note how many Freshmen played a significant part in this game...as compared to the earlier games, throughout the season.

That was not the same UGA Team that went undefeated. They were operating at about 80% on the offensive side and 70% (or less) on the Defensive side.

Depth and Luck, just weren't with the Dawgs, this year. Things you can't control effected this team...finally. I have nothin' but, love & respect for the guys I watched in that battle last week.

Just goes to show everybody...the job Kirby has done keeping this thing together, so long. He's been dealing with a rash of injuries, every year. And, he's had just the right mix of talent and experience to patch it up, every week, without sacrificing a "loss".

I'm gonna call this season...."The year UGA's Natty run, suffered a Death by a Thousand Cuts"....[to the Gods of CFB....not Bama or any particular team].

• Options
    edited December 2023

Wait a minute...Kirby called, and said that "Rumors of the death of the Dawgs have been greatly exaggerated. We still have the #1 class coming in, along with a ton of experienced Juniors and Sophomores. There may even be a handful of returning Senior Leaders to teach em how to win the big'un...not that i really need any help doing that.".

What's that comin' down the track...

• Options

Imagine how the Players feel. Ya know...sometimes you get more out of a loss than a win. I think this one is gonna stick & sting, for at least as long as the '17 Natty loss. Look what that loss produced.

These guys have all the Leadership and "Connection" they need...to come out of the other side of this year, Stronger, Smarter and Deeper than ever. I look forward to next year's Defense. My God...they're gonna be tough.

Tougher than '21 due to all the pieces being in place....IMO. '21's Defense had a great front 7, with a lot of depth. Now, imagine that level of talent all over the defense...front 7 and DB's. The only piece that "may" be different...is, No Davis or Carter [generational DL's].

No Davis or Carter..."Yet"...[that we know of]. But, with the talent and speed upgrades at all the other positions...it's not as necessary, in order to be a dominant defense. It could have a negative impact on the inside run defense, as we've seen...but, there are ways to mitigate that, when you have, what UGA will have, next year.

Man...what a time to be a Dawg Fan. Wish my Dad was still alive to see what what they, and CFB have become. Well...maybe not CFB. Lol

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2023

I agree. I was born in 1954 and have been a Dawg fan since I knew what a football was. But the Dawgs didn't lose to Bama; the game goes to the crooked officials again. While the Dawgs weren't at the top of their game neither was Bama; the fix was in with the officials once again.

I do know what Bullard is talking about though. I played on teams that never lost from the 3rd to the 8th grade and the hollow feeling I got from the first loss was hard to deal with. My father told me to accept it and learn from it. I learned that losing really sucks.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA66 and Truthteller need to go to the Bama site since they are definitely not UGA fans.

• Options

I know that's right! Tell em. We were born the same year...and if you're from S. Ga....there's a good chance, you and I chewed on the same dirt. Lol...how bout them "stickers & gnats".

We didn't "get to" watch the Dawgs every Saturday, back-in-the-day (tic). Sometimes we had to watch Tech and listen to Larry Munson on the radio. He was almost as good at creating a picture, as a television. Lol...I was listening to the 1980 UGA vs FLA game on the radio...not because I had to...but, because I was on a hunting trip.

I had given up, till Lindsey broke that run...[Like I've seen him do many times on the HS field]....and, Larry went through his chair. I cut my hunt short the next day...so I could rush home and watch the replay on The Vince Dooley Show. And, record it on VHS. Lol

Hell...we watched The Vince Dooley Show every Sunday morning and gave that, way more attention than the Paster...while we read the sports page to catch up on the rest of the Country. It was great just to see em win an SECC, back then...which they did.

Dooley shaved his head one year, shocking me and my Brother, when the Dooley Show came on the Sunday after they won it...['76 I think]. We thought he was sick...turns out he promised the Team, he would shave his head if they won the SEC.

Lol. We would watch The Bobby Bowden Show, Bear Bryant Show [when available], Danny Ford, Johnny Majors, Charlie Pell...any Football Show that was available after Church...like it was a religion. That was our internet connection to CFB. A 10 or 11 win season [with Bowl] was considered a Great year.

It's all Commercialized now. Not as much fun...but, good football to watch...with a greater understanding of the ramifications of a loss or win to either side...and the players on the field. But, man..."the hype" (smh). Some reporters don't know how to self-edit. Lol

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Osmosiphobe said...."Sorry, but your prediction of multiple losses is just as unfounded as all of your blowing on about how we were gonna stomp Alabama."

I do predict UGA will be on a semi-rebuild of the offense and defense. This could mean at least a couple losses. Carson back may or may not make a significant difference, Not damning the team, just giving things a harder, more realistic look...could be wrong...this is commentary and opinion. Originally, I truly believed the Dawgs would take the measure of Saban. Reality hit when the Dawgs unraveled some during the game. I am emotional. and responded accordingly. Knew what it meant for UGA to lose this one to Bama...again. I do not plan to watch the Orange Bowl..my choice. Do not love my Dawgs any less. Have been a Dawg longer than many on this site have been alive...note UGA66. Have been a team photographer as well as for the University itself as a J-student. I am a loyal Dawg fan. That is all I have to say. Enjoy your day.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs Will be back and in Force. Mark it down. As long as KS is at the helm the Dawgs will be part of the National Title conversation if not winning it out right.

Bullard is a DGD. He will be missed. Wish him the very best in life on and off the field of play. The former Chief Official Gene Santorie said that the Horse Collar call was Very IFFY and that He would not have called it. Yes the Dawgs Did make critical mistakes in the second half. Can’t erase that, it’s there.

But anyone that thinks the very Biased and Unfair officiating that occurred ( Much of which Also happened in the SECOND half ) No call for face mask on Milton, etc. etc. didn’t Aide and Assist Bama, well I don’t know.

On the one call that was the Most controversial of them all, all I know is the Dawgs had stopped them on Fourth down which meant No FG attempt. Two plays later they score a TD. So if you left Everything, Exactly the same in that game, meaning just accept all the Other bogus calls, Only changing that One bogus call, the Dawgs would have won by four points. That’s just simple arithmetic.

But the Refs not only didn’t review that one play they Rubbed Salt in the Dawgs wounds by reviewing TWO of the Dawgs catches !! No I’m no football expert, and my eyes ain’t what they used to be, but my wife and I have a big screen TV that we can record and rewind as often as we want to. BOTH She and I saw the same things.

These Refs were bound and determined to Aide and Assist Saban as much as they could. Just like the Playoff Committee with their Blatant Bias. Now Some of you can attempt to Insult me by calling me Ryan Day if that spins your wheels. Fine. But in so doing your not Just being so-called honest, your Also Lobbying for Saban. Trying to Justify the bias and unfairness he gets not only against UGA but other teams as well. Either that or your Incredibly Naive.

NO person can have “ Coincidence” weigh SO heavily, SO often in their favor as He does. If it was legit I’d call him and beg him to take me to Vegas and I don’t gamble !! Until Brandon mentioned it on his podcast I had forgotten that the SEC Officiating Hdqtrs. Is in Birmingham, Al !! How nice and convenient. 🙄