Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Social media buzzing amid curiously timed Dylan Raiola Instagram post, rumors

2»

Comments

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think it's worth repeating - the relevance of the Instagram post is not remotely clear. It's in the headline.

Care to explain, Connor?

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think it's a bunch of BS. Family has already made a lot of well thought out decisions in the aftermath of osu. Just in case it was true, keep in mind UGA has won 2 National Championships with a QB ranked the 2256th player coming out of high school. Keep the faith and GATA !!!

• Options
    dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope he still comes to UGA. Kirby can’t win anything with less than 5 * talent…

• Options
    dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What makes his post curiously timed? I am missing something here… 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"If Raiola does flip to Nebraska like Steve Wiltfong is predicting, that would be 4 different high schools and 3 different college commitments before he has even stepped foot on a campus."________@jbook37

If goes he goes....if he stays he stays. He's been here a year and may realize Georgia's not his flavor. We have 2 darn good one's with at least 1 coming in...assuming Beck returns.

Raila was going to have to compete with 3 other pretty "dadgum good" QB's, in their own right...[Beck, Puglisi, Stockton]. Or, just Stockton Puglisi...in no particular order.

Don't care! IMO...100 of eligible QB's would love to run this Shelby up and down the field for the UGA Bulldogs. With UGA's coaching staff...they'll find the right to guys to drive next year's race.

In today's wide open CFB recruiting game....there's really no-telling who that will be. That's why I try not to get too locked-in to 1 guy. Stockton could pass Beck on the depth chart, if Beck stays. Now...that could be embarrassing...and, costly for Beck.

Nah...I think Beck leaves. Raila, Puglisi and Stockton fight it out. Stockton wins the starting job and Rails or Puglisi are backup coming out of Spring. The 3rd guy will transfer...[either, Puglisi or Raila].

Or....more than likely....the media's just stirrin' up a bunch of crap, cause they need something to write about. Lol. That's my opinion, anyway.

• Options
    DawgZillaDawgZilla Posts: 10 ✭✭ Sophomore

Nebraska?

Yeah..yeah..yeah....

Daddy played at Nebraska, uncle on staff... blah, blah, blah.

The nation's #1 ranked QB is gonna flip to a team that MIGHT win 5-6 games a year while he is there waxing nostalgic?

Sounds like this kid has a bit of a personal integrity issue.

As for me, I'll take a 3*, or in the case of Puglisi, a 4* who truly wants to be a dawg over any 5* who apparently was never taught the meaning of words like commitment and integrity.

You don't want to play for championships every year?

Fine.

But remember this kid...UGA develops players into winners, and winners into NFL draft-ready ass kickers.

If you want to sit at home after your team's latest 4-8, or 5-7 season and watch other teams playing for rings and trophies, so be it.

• Options

Sounds like something any one of us would have said,.....to a group of people we had just spent a whole year with..and, may NEVER see again. Been there, done that. A few times.

I'm sure UGA didn't enter his mind when he wroteithat Instagram post...and he's probably more than a little amused that it garnered this kind of attention. He's probably laughing about...I know I would. But, then...I don't really understand this generation completely. Lol

I don't blame him for saying his goodbyes. Give everybody a chance to reciprocate before he departs.. Isn't he supposed to enroll at UGA early?

Isn't he supposed to participate in UGA's Bowl Practices? Just sayin'. I think he's supposed to report to Campus next week?

• Options

Two words, says it all,...IMO.

"Stetson"...."Bennett".

Nuff' said.

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 185 ✭✭✭ Junior

IDK, sounds like the guy is off to pick corn.

• Options
    JimBobJimBob Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

If he goes, so be it. If he stays that is great. Doesn't really matter inthe grand scheme of things. Let's just hunker down and await his decision.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Raiola wants to start wherever he goes - that is obvious. He will probably hinge his decision on what Beck does.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, Rusty Mansell says that Railoa is supposed to be taking an OV to Nebraska this weekend. But he is suppoed to be enrolling and starting school on Monday at UGA? One of these two things isn't going to happen. Rusty believes the kid is gone. So, there's that.

DId he ever jive with Bobo? I mean Matt Rhule isn't even a proven commodity in coaching, What happened to the uncle Matt Stafford relationship? Lots of questions. What changed?

• Options
    edited December 2023

Great post. That 's what I said...and the questions I had.

You gotta wonder why anyone would run this click -bait story...without asking and answering those questions. Or, at least acknowledging that logic conflict.

Our Country's "News Media" has gotten pretty proficient at doing "fly-by's" on logic and facts. Lol...pick out the facts that work for "The story"...and ignore the rest.

• Options

It gets cold early in Nebraska and windy, which affects throwing and catching a football. Maybe why all those great Nebraska teams of old were predominantly running teams.

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

College football is nothing more than a pay for play **** house...These are not kids being recruited to play for their life long dream school but the literal act of putting a gun to the head of the highest bidders and demanding the highest amount possible or else.

I blame the whole lot of overpaid and arrogant actors from college Presidents, Athletic Directors, Head coaches and the NCAA for allowing what used to be the best sport in America to crumble basically overnights into a cesspool of gestapo style tactics. These are not recruits anymore but over hyped and mostly over rated thugs that have been allowed and granted full access and control of the jail house...

Like they say..."When the Warden is away...The INMATES will play"

• Options

Personally, I think Raiola is conflicted. MAybe it's wanting to please his family. What good kid doesn't? I don't think he post 5 days ago that he's ready to enroll at and get started at UGA unless he truly felt that way. DId he lie? No one made him say that. All he had to say was another great visit with Coach Bobo., but he embellsished it IMO. Now this? WHat happened?

• Options
    edited December 2023

You left Lawyers & Agents out of "The blame game". They hold the lion's share of the blame [directly]. Congress and the NCAA are proud owners of the rest.

Nothing is gonna change, till people learn how their Government works...and, how to make it work for them. The vote.

Start writing your Congressmen, Senators, Governors...call into The Finebaum Show [etal.]...etc.. Demand action. One voice won't make a dent...but, hundreds of thousands of voices will light a fire under their ass. Lol

The same can be said, of the Natty. If enough people recognize the winner of the Orange Bowl, as "National Champion"....then, in today's freewheelin' game...it will be "so".

UGA or FSU could claim a legitimate share of the Natty. Depending on how the rest of the tournament goes [CFP].