Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National media takes notice of tougher 2024 Georgia football schedule

SystemSystem Posts: 10,691 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageNational media takes notice of tougher 2024 Georgia football schedule

The Georgia football schedule for the 2024 season is out and it is not exactly a stroll in the park.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    brinkmanmsbrinkmanms Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

Might have to play Bama 3 times next year!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

"The only team on the schedule that gets an off-week advantage before facing Georgia is Mississippi State."______Conner Riley

Correct me if I'm "wrong"...but doesn't Bama have an "off-week", before playing UGA? In fact...I think they're both in a bye-week, before the UGA vs Bama game.

Or...are you saying that Miss St is the only team with an "advantage", for having an off-week before the UGA game?.

IMO...ANY team with an off-week before they face UGA or Bama...[or, Texas, LSU, Mizzou, Oklahoma]...has an advantage over "other teams that don't have an off-week before that game. Just due to the physicality of those teams.

If you have em back-to-back...God help you. Maybe you'll have enough decent players to finish the season with a Bowl Appearance. That's a 50/50 proposition.

The SEC is gonna beat the hell out of one-another, for the foreseeable future. Good thing, they didn't go to a 9 game schedule.

I don't think they should play an SECCG, either. Not with all those beasts playing each other, throughout the year. Truth is...the SEC doesn't NEED the rest of the Country's CFB teams.

Just play each other...and have a 4-team SEC PLAYOFF in December. The winner of the SEC Tournament can challenge the winner of the CFP tournament, to a Super Bowl, of sorts. Kinda like, the days of the NFL & AFL.

Hell...I'd watch that, before I'd watch the original "Super Bowl". Lol. Although, there were some great NFL games back in the '60's & '70's NFL Playoffs..."Classics". Those early years of combining the NFL & AFL "Made the NFL" what it is, today...IMO.

Great Football....That's what I see coming, next year. In 10 years?...an NFL style CFB League...of about 30-40 CFB Teams. Combining the best of the Major Conferences and Independents, into one league. Culminating with a 4-team Playoff at the end of the year...and a "Super-Duper Bowl" to identify a Champion.

The whole SEC season is gonna be an SEC Tournament. "Fun" & "Exciting" are two words that come to mind. Another is..."impatient". Lol

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You mean they might HAVE to play us three times next year. Looks like 3 Bama losses, right there. Lol