Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia linebacker Jamon Dumas-Johnson expected to enter transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia linebacker Jamon Dumas-Johnson expected to enter transfer portal

Georgia linebacker Jamon Dumas-Johnson is expected to enter the transfer portal, according to a report from Matt Zenitz of 247Sports.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Joe_GagliardiJoe_Gagliardi Posts: 25 ✭✭ Sophomore

I was not incredibly impressed with his play this year, but he was still a leader in the program and had the talent. I wonder if there’s something wrong or Kirby is cleaning house. I can’t even come up with any rational reason some of these guys are leaving.

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

Free Agency...pure and simple.

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Lmao...you folks freaking out...this is the new norm until somebody takes this outta control million ton train under control

Thank the NCAA, College Presidents, AD's, College coaches and etc...for doing nothing for years as this **** show grew into a monster.

These players are not kids you people...these are grown ass men using the freaked up system to their advantage with agents, sarogates etc...working a system that is a zoo of insanity.

Let number 10 go where he wants...I'm at the point I don't give a hell about any of these guy's that play for UGA or whatever college. Just field a hired for play team for four month's outta the year and win championships. After that...I could care one **** about these guys well being ...they only care about 💰...they could care less about the University, the coach, their hired teammates and the alumni and fans....oh and a college degree.

99.999% of these clowns will never sniff an NFL contract and most will be back home working some dead end job within 5 years.

Use them like mules until they drop...they use the system for their benefit...let the system chew them up as well

All is fair in love and war@

• Options
    Roman13Roman13 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

I’m way beyond caring anymore, our beloved college football as we knew it is gone and it will never be th same.

• Options
    Joe_GagliardiJoe_Gagliardi Posts: 25 ✭✭ Sophomore

Bro, we aren’t freaking out, we’re confused. This wasn’t some “generational” 5 star who couldn’t crack the two deep and was dissatisfied with lack of playing time. This is a team leader and starter. What is happening? He’s getting NIL. The public figures thrown around are almost certainly wildly inaccurate. And ILB? They don’t exactly demand big bucks. It’s not a premium position most places.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

I hope ‘pops’ doesn’t do this, unless Kirby has told him he won’t start next year… which would strike me as odd… not much more to say. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Perhaps all these recent articles on DN turn out to be spot on… IDK… seem like self-destructive click-bait unless and until these things come to pass.

• Options
    JTM22JTM22 Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let ‘em go. He was a starter, if he think he can do better, see ya. I wasn’t that impressed with his play, a little too hyped up.

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

Uzo-Diribe needs to get his sh!t together.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Uzo-Diribe coaches outside linebackers.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

No problem. I kind of expected this. DJ was never gonna be a Dean or Walker. I was hoping he could make the leap, next year. Looks like, he's already been replaced with a more capable man...CJ Allen [#33]. That kid is special.

Just taking a gander at next year's roster, enables me to understand why players like Jermaine Johnson and Dumas-Johnson would consider transferring. Even with Dumas-Johnson gone...UGA's loaded at LB with what they have coming in.

Wonder if he's kin to Jermaine?. I loved what UGA's defense became, after Jermaine Johnson's transfer. And, NOBODY saw it comin'.. THAT'S what kind of defense, I think the Dawgs are gonna have in '24. And, they're gonna need it, with their schedule.

One thing about "not being in the CFP"....Kirby has more time to be hands-on with the team this year. Like he did after the 2020 season. I loved those results. Lol

• Options

Lol...it's becoming more and more like the NFL. And, the reason I don't watch em much anymore. Player identity and team identity, used to be one-and-the-same.

You knew Staubach and Dorsett represented Cowboy football...and, Tarkington was Minnesota...Bradshaw was Pittsburgh...Len Dawson was the Lions...SonnyJorgensen was the 'Skins...Jim Brown was Cleveland...Namath was the Jets and Unitas was the Colts...and, so on. A fan knew their players and trading cards. Lol

There was "connection" between the fans and teams and players. That's the part that's gone, for me.

Like the NFL...Diviision 1 CFB will soon be the architects of their own destruction. Just another entertainment vehicle, that can be manipulated to provide the illusion of chance and competition.

Once they lose integrity and credibility among the many fanbases...with Twitter and whatnot, available...the downfall shouldn't take long. I think it's already started. Look at the reaction to this year's questionable [and, contested by a State Legislature] CFB Top-4.

• Options

Am I missing or forgetting something? Is M'Pemba still part of the team? Is he coming back?...cause, I thought he was supposed to be one of UGA's premier "gets" at the Linebacker position.

• Options
    TransplantedDawgTransplantedDawg Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

The only rationale I can see is guys want to pad their résumé on a lesser team- Georgia rotates so much that it’s hard for an individual to build any big stats, so these players think that if they go to a team where they will play all the time, it will help their draft status. Seems crazy to me- if you are good enough to play at Georgia, you are good enough for Sunday. JMO

• Options
    edited December 2023

"Seems crazy to me- if you are good enough to play at Georgia, you are good enough for Sunday. JMO"______T-Dawg

A lot of NFL GM's would tend to agree with you. The "winners" would, anyway. Particularly, the Philadelphia Eagles. Lol

DJD moved on for a reason. It may well, be the same reason Jermaine Johnson and Bear Alexander moved on.

FYI...I believe the Dawgs have their eyes on some of that talent bailing out of College Station. I'd like to see em get Nolan [former #1 Overall 2021] for one. They recruited all those A&M guys, that are lookin' for new homes. I think Kirby will get some of em, this time around.

Teams & Fanbases that embrace the portal, can say goodbye to the old days of....

"Hey...we got so-and-so comin' back next year.". Huh-uh...not no mo. Now, it's..."Hey...who we got comin' in next year.". Lol..."neva' heard of 'im....let me know, when the CFP starts.". There goes the fanbase's financial support.

IMO...sooner or later, the laws of Supply and demand...and capitalism will stabilize the market. Once everything equalizes and settles...I don't believe it will be anything like it is, right now.

I think we're gonna see the worst of it over the next couple of years....once the COVID-players have all departed. "Supply" of top grade athletes will shrink...while an insatiable "demand grows". This will take the bidding to absurd and **** levels [not that they aren't, now] that the masses will rise against.

Congress will be summoned to step in...by their constituents. In today's political climate...you can bet, they'll respond. Finally. And, they're gonna be falling all over themselves, coming up with incompetent quick fixes, to show they're "doing something".

Just like everything else gov't gets involved in...they'll screw-it-up even worse, before they get serious and attempt to actually fix the problem.

There will still be "some interest" in CFB still remaining by the time they..."get around to it". But, the value of players will already be heading South, by then...cause, people are gonna stop watching, supporting and caring for what used to be "their" College Football Teams.

ALERT: This just in...High Schoolers are the next "mark of the CFB Grifter". Some parents of prospective athletes are gonna get "taken for a ride" [conned]...if they haven't already.

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ah my bad I thought he coached both I forgot Schuman did more than the DC. Lol