Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Sentell’s Intel: The Ryan Puglisi stories DawgNation needs to know that just kept piling up

SystemSystem Posts: 10,518 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageSentell’s Intel: The Ryan Puglisi stories DawgNation needs to know that just kept piling up

This Sentell’s Intel rep has the latest with 4-star Elite 11 QB commitment Ryan Puglisi. He ranks as the nation’s No. 10 QB and No. 134 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite. The On3 Industry Ranking has him as the nation’s No. 9 QB and No. 142 overall recruit.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 946 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

The Christmas Star.....that sez it all for me......PUG is on his way to becoming a DGD!!!!

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭ Junior

Funny how we write about him now when we are on the eve of Riola flipping. DawgNation didn’t care enough about him until now, this goes to show that we only care about 5⭐️.

• Options
    ancelyancely Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe he's the man after Gunner?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From day one I have liked Puglisi. He can make his receivers wince he has such a strong arm. He can run too if the opportunity arises. Needs to mature, is only 17 or just 18. Is a really decent kid. Great supportive family. Strong character. Kept his UGA commitment, which is big these days. He will be a true baller fot Georgia. Cannot wait to see him in action.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Disagree My Dawg Ryan - Many of us have said from the get-go that Puglisi might actually be the better QB in this recruiting class. I have also pointed out my concerns about Dylan transferring four times in high school and decommitting from OSU. I had the same concerns about Arik Gilbert. These kids it’s no commitment to anyone other than themselves should be avoided. I think the Dawgs win here.

Being right about Arik doesn’t mean I’m right about this QB situation, but I have always like Puglisi. His arm strength is unreal. Most importantly, he seems to be a young man with character.

Onlt time will tell, but I’m feeling good bout this young man.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 278 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What I love about DawgNation recruiting stories is that Jeff does such a fine job of giving insight into the recruits and very often family and important friends as well. Getting to sense these young men as real people is a journalistic gift, and I thank you, Jeff.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

Since Dylan has been so fickle about his commitment I'd throw it right back at him and say OK if you are not sure you want to be a Dawg I'd pull his offer off the table. Gotta take a stand on this kind of crap. We have other options kid.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 946 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To extend to my previous comment.....The Dawgs need a "Guiding Star", not a waffle, someone who refuses to give up, just like Stetson, someone who will lead when the going gets tough, just like Carson, someone with the commitment to hang tight and keep ballin when there's no hope on the horizon, just like Gunner......PUG'S has the character, the skill, the determination and is a perfect fit!

• Options
    JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,580 admin

Thanks for reading, sir. I just want to add something to your comment here.

To be fair, I've been writing in-depth stories about Puglisi just as much as I have written about Dylan.

I've made it a point to cover both of these great QBs equally. Why? That's because I knew both of them could be GREAT at UGA.

There might have been a few more stories about Dylan this fall. That's because I went and covered his high school games at Buford about 1-2 times per month. I couldn't go see Ryan every Saturday when Avon Old Farms played their games this fall. That's because I was covering UGA on Saturdays.

That said, I also made it a point to write about Ryan's senior season as well,

As far as the timing goes, I'm actually writing about all of the EEs that are in town this week and next week for bowl practices.

Not just Ryan.

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2023

Some good news! Looks like Dawgs are getting Humphreys! Guy has Bowers like speed and brings much needed help to receiver group.

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 200 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Dawgs are in really great shape at QB especially if Beck returns. One more season for Gunner to learn & from what I’ve seen with Puglisi, he seems to have the best traits of Bennett, Beck, & Vandagriff. Cannon for an arm, tall in the pocket w/good vision & decisions, and the quickness & moves for designed runs or when the pocket breaks down. If Puglisi comes in next weeks, hits the weights, training table, playbook, & film room like Fromm did when he arrived, he may be hard to keep off the field.