Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Michigan star trolls Georgia, says Wolverines have ‘nothing to worry about’ against Alabama

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

"We don't deserve the playoffs. Texas beat Bama, and Bama beat us."_____ @MontanaDawg

One more thing...While I tend to agree, for the most part...it's an unreasonable expectation for ANY Team to go undefeated every year...[though...UGA did, in the Regular Season].

The "CFP Committee rules" are set up to take those nuances into account.

I'm saying...they applied the rules unevenly and illogicaly. Everybody has an argument. I just think UGA's is stronger than 3 of the top six, based on all the football I've seen from those teams over the last year.

Does UGA's postseason performance outweigh Alabama's & Texas' Regular Season Performance?. If UGA played Bama & Texas 10 times, each...[with completely healthy teams all 'round]...which team would walk away with the most wins?

Based on seeing all 6 of those teams play every Power 5 game over the last season....which is in the CFPC's mandate.

My argument is more about Rules, Standards...and, their apparent uneven application. Or...bias.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“I have watched the film of USF (vs. Alabama),"......and to think, I was really upset The Dawgs were not going to get the opportunity to kick Big Blue arse one more time....since I live in a divided home....wife and in-laws all Michigan fanatics.....Just hope Harbaugh and the Big Blue Rats go into the game expecting to play the Bama that played in week three.....this will almost be as entertaining as The Dawgs administering the BEAT DOWN!

• Options
    edited December 2023

Lol...yeah...it'll be interesting, till after the first two games are played [plus the Orange Bowl]...then it will be down-right imposing.

After Bama and Texas are exposed and The Dawgs look like The Dawgs, again.....people are gonna start asking more questions.

If a clear set of "rules and standards" and "path to the playoff", isn't put in print for everyone to see...before the season & 12T/CFP starts.....We are gonna see these kind of debates ten fold, next year.

I think that's what the Media wants [which makes sense]....debate & chaos in the CFP...equals...lots of talking points, narratives and other useless fodder for the paid Gum Flappers and Sportswriters to use. Which in turn gives the Fan exponentially more non-football mess to consume. Lol

What would be hilarious...is, if both Bama and Texas loose their QB, before the Semi's [non-serious, minor wound to the throwing hand or stubbed toe, whatever...Lol]. What do ya think those games will look like? Lol...and, I can see some unhinged FSU Fans..."keepin' it real".

🤣...if I were on the CFP Committee...I'd be saying some Prayers for Ewers and Milroe...that they may reach the first game, "healthy and able to play".

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Two things for me to say. One No program has the level of quality at stealing signs like Michigan. Two Bama just might be the beneficiary of Bogus officiating this go round. There are tons upon tons of people that Hate the SEC. And though not so vocal about it when it comes to Saban & Bama, that includes many in the Media.

They’re sick to death of seeing SEC teams win the Natty. I don’t know how probable but it might be possible that that’s why UGA got such poor officiating. To weed us out.

All along I’ve been thinking it was the Saban Syndrome. The Usual HE gets the benefit of Any and All controversial calls. Any and All slight edges in officiating go to Saban.

But my light switch just clicked on tonight after reading This article. Yeah I’m slow allot of times. The master $$$ people behind this needed to weed UGA out as they KNEW if the Dawgs played the Choking Blue the Dawgs would emerge triumphant regardless of officiating.

But This years version of Bama really isn’t as powerful as previous versions. SO the officiating will go to Michigan’s favor heavily, giving them the Much Needed edge that they will Have to have and they will beat Bama.

Had they played a By Then pretty much fully healthy Dawgs even with Totally lop sided officiating the Dawgs would utterly Stomp them !!

My eyes have been opened to the Master Plan !! Tide fans will retch their guts out when they see the officiating go Heavily against them. Saban will spontaneously combust into a flaming ball about 5’8” heigh. Michigan fans will proclaim themselves the most dominate program in 200 years, when football hasn’t even been around that long. Many in Media will beam with pride at their hand in this. And the $$$ will Keep counting the winnings. And thus the four team playoffs will go down in history………..

• Options

Yep. The Committee had LIED and “ Claimed” they wanted the four BEST teams in the playoffs. That was their Bogus justification for giving FSU the boot. But had they Really wanted to have at least One in their four Best, there’s NO WAY they should have left the Dawgs out.

The Dawgs by That time would be the closest in terms of health to Preseason as they could be. And that would be a Fearsome Dawgs team !!! Also if That version of the Dawgs played Saban, Misletoe umm Milroe and Bama the Dawgs would utterly Decimate them !! And Michigan ??? Bwahaha !!! Wouldn’t even be close !!!

But see the $$$ folks behind the scenes Know this to. They were mortified that the Dawgs might get past being a walking hospital and the heavily slanted officiating !! But Bama with only ONE Key player missing from Their team managed the three point win.

So now that Bama will play Michigan, they’ll add in some Heavy slanted officiating Against Bama and Abra Kadabra Poof Michigan will win and the Evil SEC will finally be defeated………..for now.

P.S. Watch at least One if not Two of Bama’s best Defensive players get tossed for targeting !! Watch the Refs Allow Michigan to late hit Misletoe uhm darn Milroe all game long. They Want the Big Blue Stew in there !!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To be fair the Refs absolutely **** in the SECCG. So what's new bama always get the vast majority of non reviewable calls to go their way. But now the Refs don't even review calls such as the 4th and 4 non catch.

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So Lewan came into the UGA football facility and dropped deuce on the Georgia football team?

By his logic: Last Season UGA barely beat Ohio State. Barely outscoring Ohio State 18-3 in the 4th qtr to win. Therefore Michigan beating the s**t out of Ohio State means they would beat the Dawgs.

By his logic: Last season Michigan loses to TCU because “they we’re looking past them”

So….by his logic: last season UGA beat the s**t TCU 65-7. That means the Dawgs would beat Michigan by 70 pts. However Lewan says that Michigan would’ve beat UGA had they played in the final.

The fact is when Georgia played Michigan two years ago the Dawgs won 34-11. It wasn’t even close to being that close.

Michigan and Ohio State players saying “we woulda…” when losing to Georgia.

Georgia loses by 3 in the SEC championship game to Bama and Georgia Players say…nothing. They talk with their pads.

• Options

"Georgia loses by 3 in the SEC championship game to Bama and Georgia Players say…nothing. They talk with their pads."_____@Bulldawg90

The Dawgs Coaching Staff...as far back as I can remember...has always had the "no comment" approach to controversy and outrage. Classy competitors with great sportsmanship....would be one description, I would use.

That being said...I think it's "time" to raise a little hell, about the disparity in treatment and commentary on some of the "sports networks". They've accumulated too much power over the game.

A game owned and operated by The People's Universities. Along with "some" Private Universities. Universities that receive Federal and State subsidies...that come out of the "Tax Payers'" coffers.

Let's "not pretend" that the "Fans" don't have a say in this whole thing. Fans are taxpayers...and, taxpayers pay the bills. When enough of em raise hell...they will have no choice...but, to "listen". People are starting to understand how their Government works...and, how to use it.

We don't "have to get used to anything"...as the author implied...IMHO. Our Country...our rules. Lol

• Options

Confucius say...."He who holds the public ear...holds the power.".

ESPN among others are controlling the perception levers of Power to manipulate the Polls. There's only so much they can do, without help from the refs, though.

This "grifting game" is much bigger than a Committee or single Reporter or Correspondent or Network. Doesn't Disney own ABC and ESPN along with a number of other Public Megaphones?. Lol...I'm just sayin'.

• Options
    SufferinginAtlantaSufferinginAtlanta Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

Alabama by at least 14 in their remaining games. They were gift wrapped another NC.

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Taylor Lewan knows plenty about underachieving, much like the Michigan football program. I wouldn't use this site's reach to promote a fool who has clearly taken one too many shots to the head.

• Options
    edited December 2023

I stopped drinking a long, long time ago. But I’ll take some of what ever this Loon from Michigan is drinking !! Must be good stuff !! Just a touch of X X X for my arthritis. 😂. He’s so perturbed that our Dawgs curb stomped his deep blue Smurfs !! 😀

• Options

@BigDawg61 Amen to your comments my Bro. !! YES and more Yes, media is Extremely powerful !! Countless people readily accept what they’re told by media without any questions at all.

Media has for gosh, years and years swayed our govt. So begs the question how hard would it be to have huge sway in sports ?? Let me help, not hard at all !! And when it comes to officiating, we ( I ) want to believe it’s fair and unbiased. But Nope, sorry it’s not.

This year was the straw that broke the camel’s back with me. And though the SECCG was by far the most painful, I’m not referring to just that one game. And if anyone doesn’t think that the combined overall effect of bad calls can effect the final outcome of a game, well I feel sorry for you.

Here’s just one with the potential of Huge implications, what about a Bogus targeting call on a Key defensive player ?? Football is a game where mere inches can count. So if you mix in some Deliberate bad calls, Especially at moments where momentum can be changed. Well Y’all know the rest of the story.

Some people say that’s just excuse making. Not to me it’s not. It’s hard enough to beat a Determined and Good team outright. But if the Refs are trying to sway the outcome, that steep hill becomes a Tall mountain !! Just some thoughts. And my comments are general in nature Not directed at BigDawg61, but at Anyone that thinks they might have merit.

Given a Fair and Unbiased field of play the Dawgs would be THE best team in ALL of CFB by the time the playoffs begin. They were cheated and snubbed in my opinion. No Kirby and staff won’t say anything. But us fans Can !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

I agree. Change doesn't happen if no one speaks up. The networks are telling people to get over it and let it be, but why should we let it go. FSU and UGA fans need closure. It wasn't a fair process. If Alabama only lost came by 3 points in the SECCG, they still would have been selected as one of the four best teams. FSU playing with a backup QB is normal in football. I mean football is a brutal sport. What are the chances of a starter not getting hurt. It's very low. I think it's a injustice to the sport and their fans. Decisions like the will hurt the popularity of the sport more than help it.

• Options

Lol..."Taylor Lewan"(?)...neva' heard of 'im. Now, who's he and what does he know?

• Options

"Media has for gosh, years and years swayed our govt."_____navydawg

Kind of....not so much the Gov't...as the people. In our Country...."The People" [me, you, DawgNation]...ARE the Government. If they have US fooled...then, they can walk in and take over the US without so much as a whimper from the People.

We'll just vote em right in, and go about our ignorant little lives....doing what the box in the living room tells us to do...and throwing OUR money, THEIR way. You can't fix "S.t.u.p.i.d"...and we seem to be "wearing that sign" on our head. Now, who did we vote in to POTUS a few years ago?. Lol

The media presents the political candidates we're allowed to vote for...then, they tell us how to vote. Who picks the Candidates for each Party? The media.

They choose which Candidates they cover...which ones they don't...what's moral and what's not...what's right and wrong. Hell...they ARE America's abusive Parents. Lol

Go Dawgs! Don't listen to em....you ARE a Great Football "Team". Stay that way. Lol...sounds like a dang Yearbook entry. Lol

• Options
    edited December 2023

100% dead on accurate. Nice!

1. FSU had 1 month to work on an answer to the QB problem. 1 month is an eternity in CFB. So...who is The Committee kidding by citing FSU's "QB Injury, as if we've never seen that before.

They "listened" to the TV Clowns, deferring to their biased judgement...[and, acquiesced]...by pushing Bama up, knocking UGA down...and somehow justifying the elevation of Texas, based solely on an early season win against a mediocre Bama team.

Bama won the '17 Natty with a backup...the 2018 SECCG with a backup...the USF game with a backup, etc.

UGA won the Natty in '21 with a backup QB [or, so they say]. How many other "backup QB's" have performed in NCG's over the years?. Seriously...never heard of issuing a team a Natty loss...without them ever having played a Natty game...just because of an injury.

And, oh by the way....Bennett was a walk-on that many said could not win in the 2021 CFP. We know how that played out. Who's to say FSU couldn't have done the same.

Those clowns on TV know nothing....but, people listen to em, because they know em. If Fans ever payed attention to how often they are "wrong"...the gig would be up.

Real football people KNOW...this is "total horseshit" that wreaks of Corruption...or, Incompetence. Or, maybe a little of both.

That was [1.]....I'm not even gonna talk about 2., 3., 4., and 5. Lol

The casual fan clings to words from overpaid, ignorant gumflappers trying to stay relevant in a game that has moved on without em. Looks like UGA has a lot of "casual fans" to go with the FAN'atics..

Where the hell are all the so-called reporters on all this? They don't care...cause, they got what they've been working so hard to get. Talking points!

[SEC...BIG10....BIG12....PAC12]..... All, represented. The ACC was shut completely out of it....because of the politics surrounding their Commissioner & His opposition to the 2023 12-Team CFP Proposal...among other things.

I don't know why they thought it would be okay to screw somebody over...just to get a "DEI Playoff"....[which is what this boils down to, IMO]. The CFPC has gone WOKE.

And....Like everything else DEI touches...mediocre & average are good enough...perfection is detested. Lolol

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

I dont think you know what DEI and Woke means.

• Options
    DawgZillaDawgZilla Posts: 10 ✭✭ Sophomore

You've played against Alabama in the third quarter before, right?

Better coached? Are you drunk?

I hate losing to Bama as much as anyone, but your boasting is hollow and nonsensical, dude.

Saban is the **** G.O.A.T, pal.

SIX national titles since 2009!

How many nattys has Rain Man won? Hell, how many has he ever even played for?

Better coached? Gimme a friggin ' break.