Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia will give Florida State something else to cry about if Seminoles not over CFP snub

2»

Comments

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

The CFP is "all about the Benjamins"... Nothing else...

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Georgia had beat Alabama, none of this would be an issue...

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let it play out on the field not in an office full of hypocrites. If Alabama only lost came in the SECCG by three points, they probably would have gotten in the final four. Another issue is that it's football, a brutal sport. What are the chances of not getting injured during the course of the season. The committee is full of rubbish. Yet, it's all about money and I'm sure their thinking was another year with UGA in the championship game would cost views. The sports media will continue to try and push it aside because it's their job to move on. They shouldn't hate on the fans if they continue to protest. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You will be proven correct in the event Bama wins the Natty—which I suspect they will. 👍

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

I agree, and a great comment! It really sticks in the craw of those big10 fans, school administrators, coaches, and anyone associated with their football programs ,whey can't beat a SEC team in a high profile game, where the winner takes all.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

It was not a tough task. In the history of the playoff, this was probably the easiest final decision the committee has ever had to make. Michigan (since apparently there won't be any consequences for the cheating), Washington, FSU, Texas. Simple. It only got tricky when they started asking, how can we get Bama in there?

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Georgia had beaten the team that can’t beat us without ref help, they would’ve had 2 losses and Texas’s win over them would’nt have been as impressive and fsu would have gotten in and Georgia would be playing them in the sugar bowl instead of the orange bowl.

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Hemingwey it would be funny if it wasn't so painfully true. Lol, except for Clemson, the ACC and FSU are the "Rodney Dangerfield's" of college football. Nick Saban rules.

• Options
    BG522BG522 Posts: 28 ✭✭ Sophomore

As I've said before, people say why can't my DAWGS beat the Tide in these games, and my response is you can't win something that Saban has already bought.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OK the Committee says they want the four BEST teams in the playoffs. I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I can read. And the Committee is referring to When those games will be played. The four Best teams. NOT at the time the Committee made their decision but When the Playoff games take place.

OK using Their Own Logic then the University Of Georgia Bulldogs should have been in the Playoffs. Period. Plain and simple. Why ?? Because the Dawgs beat their opponents as a whole by a Significantly larger margin of victory than Bama did, In Particular common opponents. Also as Mike’s article pointed out the Dawgs played more Ranked opponents.

Now the Committee used FSU not having their starting QB available to play in the Playoffs as their justification to give them the boot. OK that logic should Also be used in reverse. Meaning that the Dawgs would have the majority of their KEY players back and pretty much fully healthy by That time. That being the case a Fully Healthy Dawgs team would not just beat but Utterly Destroy Bama.

How so ?? Because coming into the SECCG Bama only had ONE Key player missing. Just Stop, Look, and Think of all the Dawgs either out all together Or playing at significantly less than 100%. Yet EVEN With that situation the Refs helped Bama to squeak out a 3 point win !!

If Fairness, Honesty, and Logic had prevailed there is NO WAY that UGA should have been dropped from #1 to #6 and that’s Again using the Committee’s own logic. No Way that Bama should have been Promoted all the way from #8 Over UGA to #4. I’m just regurgitating facts because the Crooks oops Powers in charge made absolutely sure.

Now we’re about to see a very Rare event. Go ahead and mark it down. Your gonna see Nick and his Tide be the beneficiary of Numerous bad calls by the Refs in an effort to help give the Big Screw oops Blue a helping hand to win. This will be totally unfamiliar territory for Nick as he’s Usually the Favorable Recipient of Any and All contested calls. And Even gets a few outright Bogus calls to help him out. Can’t wait to see the look on his face !!

As far as Which team wins ?? I Could Care Less !! My beloved Dawgs will be playing the Noles before then and that’s ALL I care about in CFB. Kirby, his Coaching Staff, and all the players are doing the Right and Smart thing to do by just **** it up and pressing on to higher ground. But I’m a fan. I don’t have such constraints. I don’t like when someone tries to pee on my back and tell me it’s only raining.

SO for Me I will go to my grave believing the Dawgs were cheated in the SECCG and again by the Committee afterward. Other people including my fellow Dawgs fans certainly have the right to believe what ever they choose. I’m not gonna ridicule you or name call you if you don’t agree with my view. That doesn’t mean I’m gonna crawl under a rock some where and not respond to being insulted though.

We All have a right to believe what ever floats our boat. But as my ole Daddy used to say God Rest His Soul, I didn’t just fall off the turnip truck yesterday, I’ve been cheated before in my life time, and I certainly believe the Dawgs were cheated Twice. And the most repugnant one being by this Committee who while trying to give a veneer of honesty and fairness are nothing more than an arm of Biased media and possibly more sinister than that. Quite possibly.

Go Dawgs beat the Noles !! P.S. I wouldn’t be overly shocked to see some questionable officiating in That game either, you know to make it more “interesting”. 🙄

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

Mike, these kind of articles keep rehashing ad nauseum the same thing time and again.

Enough already folks. The CFP Committee got it right. This horse is dead. Let's PLEASE move on.

Let the Dawgs show up and crush the downtrodden Noles...then put 2023 behind us and work towards next season.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Totally Agree Bro !! Every time my healing is coming along, an article like this comes along and picks the scab and gets it bleeding again. Yes I could just ignore the title and not click on it, but I admit I’m weak on that. But Media uses emotions as a tool to enhance and increase readership. I guess it is what it is. But you are spot on. Time to move on to the Orange Bowl, And setting up the 2024 season. I don’t Always agree with every single thing you say Montana, but I do agree with Most of what you say. Your a great guy in my book and obviously love our Dawgs. From Me and my family to You and yours. We wish you a Very Merry Christmas !! May God Bless & Protect You All.

Jesus Christ the Reason for the Season

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just another data point from the "it's all about the money" category: no way the "Networks" wanted to chance another blow-out like UGA-TCU (or very lopsided). Which was a possibility (?) if you have FSU in there without Jordan Travis. There were a lot of "make goods" from the network back to advertisers for the second half of UGA-TCU as most of the country turned the game off at (before?) halftime.