Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Florida State leading rusher Trey Benson won’t play in Orange Bowl

SystemSystem Posts: 11,058 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageFlorida State leading rusher Trey Benson won’t play in Orange Bowl

Another key Florida State Seminole won’t be playing in the Orange Bowl, as leading rusher Trey Benson announced that he would be opting out of the game and declaring for the NFL draft.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ChiefChief Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

Never any question about Beck playing in the Orange Bowl...he has shown his selflessness and integrity time and time again! It may hint as to his future with the Dawgs. No matter his decision, I'll always be in his corner as a fan...thanks Carson.

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As Kirby has made it so clear, you play with who you have, if you're on the field, you're a starter, we play as a TEAM and we play to win! I've been 100% a Carson Beck fan since "The Wink"......in my heart I believe he'll return for his senior year but if he decides otherwise, I'll be pullin for him during the combine and draft!

• Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 191 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2023

Wait. FSU lost their starting QB, wide receiver, and now their leading rusher. Why not replace FSU with another team "worthy" of the Orange Bowl. As the committee would say, we feel like FSU is not one of the top 6 teams now. Instead of "next man up", it's now "next team up". There's still time. Lol

• bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I whole heartedly agree with Mike Norvell that his team has responded to the challenge of playing the Dawgs in the Orange Bowl. It's just not the response any of his coaches or fans would have liked to have seen.

• mlm1947mlm1947 Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

though I truly hope Beck returns, without some declaration from him before pre-bowl practices begin about his intent to enter the draft, I hope the staff goes all in on giving Stockton all the pre-bowl and game reps

• mlm1947mlm1947 Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

Stockton needs all the practices and game experience if Beck leaves … imo, it seems unsound to follow any other course of action with the daunting schedule upcoming next year

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

Unless Beck is coming back, in which case you'll be playing a quarteback who hasn't practiced as the starter in a month. And all those valuable practices that could have been used to further develop the quarterback who will be leading the team into that daunting schedule will have been completely wasted.

It would be unsound to up and decide that your starter is no longer your starter, just because he might not be back next year. Especially considering the likelihood that he will be returning.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think we can all predict what happens. We absolutely DESTROY Florida State and then comes the whole endless whining and excuse making about how they didn't have this or that player and how it would've been different if they were in the playoffs.

Frankly, all of these players not being willing to support their team playing in the freaking ORANGE BOWL with an UNDEFEATED record reflects on the dumpster fire that is FSU and proves that they didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. This isn't some crappy bowl game, this is a BCS selected, heavily watched game and you have to wonder if they just don't want to be humiliated in that game playing against a championship level team.

If we lose, Smart won't whine and complain and blame it at all. He'll accept responsibility and focus hard on improving. That's what a championship program does.

We're coming for you FSU. You better get together a plan.

• CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really, Carson waited his turn for years to be the UGA starting QB. Most QB's of his talent would have transferred. I think he has earned the right to lead this year's team in the Orange Bowl.