Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: 5-star Georgia football commit Dylan Raiola formally flips to play for Nebraska

SystemSystem Posts: 10,478 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: 5-star Georgia football commit Dylan Raiola formally flips to play for Nebraska

This Sentell’s Intel rep is about 5-star QB Dylan Raiola flipping his commitment from Georgia to Nebraska.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Joe_GagliardiJoe_Gagliardi Posts: 25 ✭✭ Sophomore

Hate to lose a kid of his talent, but dang! The fact that his parents enabled this degree of vacillation is puzzling. If they wanted him “join the family business” they should have just started with that. Still got a stud coming in, in Ryan P, so not worried. This just irks me that he was so invested (supposedly) and did a lot of recruiting, only to leave before he got it off the ground. I hate when people say this kind of thing because it is usually just sour grapes, and disingenuous, but maybe we did actually dodge a bullet there and it’s a good thing he went somewhere else. Maybe he just wanted those $$$

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Everybody will try & read too much in to this beyond the fact that another teenager is just being a teenager. To think our universities are committing to pay these kids millions. With Beck, Gunner & quite possibly a better QB in Puglisi, the Dawgs will be fine. I’m just glad he made his mind up now rather than next Dec. Go Dawgs

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

Glad the drama about this fickle kid is over and done. How he came to Athens and said and did all the right things meant nothing. Carson coming back is better.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess he just ain't ready to play BIG BOY football....enjoy the Junior League Dylan.

• Options
    Joe_GagliardiJoe_Gagliardi Posts: 25 ✭✭ Sophomore

And in the expanded, divisionless Big 10, he’ll never win anything that matters. There are far too many big powers to win much. But whatever, do what you want kid.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I definitely agree that it's better to have never had him, than to have him up and want to transfer a year from now before we ever got to see what he could do. Because if he had done that, he would have run off other potential QB candidates in the 2025 and 2026 classes who would have been thinking, "I've got to deal with both him AND Puglisi? No thanks. I'll look elsewhere." Now we're free. I will NOT be one of those who declares that Puglisi is better than Raiola, however, just because Raiola spurned us. There's a reason why they were ranked the way they were. But I believe that we aren't stepping down that much with Puglisi, if at all, and if we get other talented players around him, he should be just fine. But Puglisi is guaranteed to get the biggest cheer of all at the G-Day game next year. lol

• Options
    JudgeDog31JudgeDog31 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

So, wished he wanted to come to Georgia, but he’s probably better off at Nebraska. And, there really is no difference in him coming for one year (or two), and then transferring, and flipping before he ever comes. Can’t be too upset, colleges also move on from players. The rules are the same.

• Options
    ScoobyDooScoobyDoo Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Saw this coming from a mile away. Had commitment issues in high school and now college (Ohio State, UGA, Nebraska). Not a big deal. We have plenty of QB talent. Maybe Kirby can get Nebraska on our schedule for 2025. Let’s go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

He went to 4 high schools all I can say is BYE

• Options
    Jonanthony1Jonanthony1 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

So he lost with Buford and now can go a school of yesteryear while Kirby will continue to field the top CFB teams for years to come.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He talks like he's been in love with Nebraska from day one. What a load of BS. Either his dad influenced the flip or money did. Or maybe he was just afraid of playing in the tough SEC. Good bye and good riddance. We'll be just fine without you.

• Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not concerned with him, more so will he try and lure any of our other premier recruits. If we can get a few portal position players and develop our young guns another year, I don’t think this flip hurts us at all.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great point when you so accurately point out how his parents “enabled this degree of vacillation.” When my sons were being recruited to play college basketball I told them, “Once you tell a coach you are going to play for that school you will not be able to change your mind. Once you give your word, you will keep it.” Kids do what they’re taught by their parents. I honestly believe we did dodge a bullet. The character of your players is a huge factor. Dylan has showed us that there are serious character issues with him. I’m sure the coaches at the four high schools might have some insight.

I think it appropriate to add that Dylan is the product of his raising. I don’t blame him. I think his parents, especially his dad, are the problem. When you see kids with no sense of honor and integrity it is usually, not always, the product of their parents’ values.