Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: 5-star Georgia football commit Dylan Raiola formally flips to play for Nebraska

Comments

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

"The Good Life" at best 9 and 3 in a cupcake conference and could easily be7 and 5 ....if he stays "committed" with the Waffle House NIL deal, Chick-Fil-A has an idea for Waffle Frys!......In all seriousness, I do wish Dylan well and I'm prayin for a home and home with The Cornhuskers starting in 2025!

P/S.....apparently his stint at Buford introduced Dylan to "Big Boy Football" and he wanted none of it!

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hopefully Dylan will one day look back and see how he so poorly handled his high school career and how he wrongfully misled both OSU and UGA. He needs to examine this whole fiasco and learn from it. Unfortunately, he’ll have to do that on his own as it’s clear he has not been properly taught the importance of one’s word in the real world.

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 325 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    BackHomeBackHome Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior

How can any school be jazzed over landing any recruit these days? Maybe you get a year out of them…maybe not. Maybe they see the field in that year…maybe not. Maybe you get two years and they play one. Maybe not. Who knows with things as they are now?

I would say you haven’t read a defense, switched protection, or run a play. You haven’t completed a pass. You haven’t led a drive. You haven’t converted a 3rd and 10 or a 4th and 1. And you sure as heck haven’t won anything. So don’t think we’re giving you anything. You have to work here to earn here.

• Options
    WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

@JMDDawg46 yes, that is spot on, that kid does not know the term of honoring a commitment. I thoroughly expect UGA to go out and get a portal QB, just saying.

• Options
    JTM22JTM22 Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hope this is the last of his posts. Also hope UGA don’t re-recruit him if he goes into the portal. I’m ok with Brock leaving because he committed, graduated, and it just wasn’t good timing for him.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We have Carson and two talented QBs who are willing to compete against the best to improve and wait their turn if need be.

Didn’t we see in the state finals what happens to Raiola’s game when he faces an elite pass rush with a porous offensive line? I hope he is getting a big payday at Nebraska. It may be the only one he sees!

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This doesn’t surprise me at all. He’s been to 5 high schools in 4 years and this is at least his second recommitment that we all know about. If you don’t want to be a dawg, we don’t want you either. If he wants to go lose every year, get his head beat in week after week and not even sniff a championship, go right ahead.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bye Felicia…..

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ready to forever shut the book on Dylan whats his name.....The Dawg QB Leadership line of succession is now set Carson, Gunner, Pug.....and once again I'm calling for some creativity from Coach Bobo and Kirby......with two players as gifted as Gunner and Ryan, they both need to see some situational playing time.

• Options
    SteelerDawgSteelerDawg Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

lol " not to be a cog in some powerhouse machine, but to be something greater with ambition unseen..."

aka he wasn't going to be SPECIAL enough here. So glad we're not going a waste a years worth of NIL on this kid. Let him go be special and shuck corn. Pug is a dawg. Dylan is a 'donna.

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

Cute poem your mommy wrote for you, kid.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh well… life goes on. Wish this young man the best. We will see what happens with his new decision. I’m sure Kirby Smart will still keep Georgia moving. Think about (and always remember) this: Georgia just did win TWO BACK2BACK NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS with a former walk-on playing at QB.