Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Carson Beck confirms he’ll play in Orange Bowl, unsure about future beyond that

13»

Comments

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

There you go with your version of "truth" again. Your story always changes after the fact.

"he COULD BE a "KOBE BRYANT OUT OF HS FOR ALL WE KNOW". There's your admission. You went on and on about about a guy being a possible generational player. They call them "generational" for a reason. It was never going to happen and the player didn't make 2 years with the team. To even suggest it is ridiculous. And you did it again. Saying all these young players can be BB's or TWalker. BB's is the best UGA player in 40 years. TWalker was the #1 overall NFL pick. The 1st UGA #1 overall pick in almost 70 years if you exclude QB Stafford in '09. 70 YEARS let that sink in. But in your imaginary world these guys roll into Athens every year.

Never said SBIV would not be top 10 Heisman. Just that he wouldn't win it like you said. It was never gonna happen. Never. The main reason he was included as an unprecedented 4th finalist invitee was the SBIV story. SBIV was rated 6th or 7th rd (or worse) before the '22 season by everyone associated with draft forecasting and the NFL. It was the consensus from everyone that knew anything. He improved and moved up in the draft. You would hope he would after 6 years of CFB. You also predicted 1) SBIV is better than Bryce Young 2) SBIV would have a great NFL career. Yet BY was the #1 overall pick and SBIV's career is hanging by a precarious thread after not playing in a single game this year.

Just stop. Use your head.

"If you "pay every player"...you have to include everyone.." That is another point you missed. You CAN'T pay everyone. The school does NOT pay the players. The collective pays the players. The collective or sponsors do NOT get TV revenue. It all comes out of donations or their bottom line. There is not enough money donated or budgeted to pay every player a substantial amount of money. If you paid 40 players "only $250K" that would be a $10M obligation. Every year. Where is that money coming from?

" B-Rob and Bell lighting it up with "Thunder & Lightning". There you go again. It just never stops. You can't help yourself. BRob is coming off a serious injury that will probably cost him a step. An extra step he didn't have in the 1st place. BRob is a guy I don't see finishing his career at UGA. If ETN comes and Frazier pans out he may be in the TP in the spring. BRob's ceiling at UGA is DEdwards. Bell is a WR not a RB. ESPECIALLY if UGA adds a 7th (!) RB (ETN) from the TP. He only played RB due to injuries. He may get some occasional work there but it won't be as much at 3 or 4 other players. His biggest value is at WR. I know I know in your mind Bell is Garrison Hearst.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

I didn' say..."all of em" with your half-assed quotes.

Lol....I...said

Any...one...of...them...could...be...special...or....generational

You....won't...know...for...sure...till...you've...had...a.....chance....to....work...with...them...on....campus.

They....ALL...aren't...equally...coached....and....developed...at....the...HS.....Level.

Hence...players like Bennett and McConkey and T. Walker and J Davis and Bowers

Yes...even Bowers was a question mark, until Monkin and Smart saw him workout in his 1st Padded Spring Paractice.

That should've broken it down where you can pick it, without adding our deleting words and thoughts.

Now....you can disagree with me, if you want. But, "my truth" is backed with actual facts and data. What have you got, besides opinion?

Division 1 CFB, at the Power 5 Level, particularly,, has become an entertainment business. In the entertainment business...everybody gets paid...even the "no-shows". So...if you pay one...you pay em all or risk a strike. That's where CFB is headed. It's a matter of time before they put heads together and unite.

A CFBPA Union is coming, unless something is proactively done to short circuit that possibility.

"$250K" that would be a $10M obligation. Every year. Where is that money coming from?"____@UGADad20 .....

I wouldn't pay em that...and, neither will anybody else. Not for long. Supply and Demand and free market capitalism will arrest this nonsense sooner or later.

People are gonna get a taste if paying a player big bucks...him getting injured and out for the season [like B-Rob]...then, never producing at the elite level again [not like B-Rob]...or kids takin' the money and runnin'...or, worse, loafing.

At the end of the day...most of em are immature kids tryin' to get a nut. That's all. And, some will run the normal kid scams to get away with stuff.

The possibilities are endless for Student Athletes [Kids], Attorneys and Agents....and Coaches...as long as there are "no guardrails" or Salary Caps. Now...there's unlimited transfers, on the menu?. C'mon...their throwing away stability with both hands and a bucket.

As for Bennett....You most certainly did say Bennett wouldn't be in the Top Ten. When I projected it in mid to late season ...of 2021....You laughed. I told you why he would be a top candidate for Heisman...and again...you laughed.

[#3 in Heisman voting]...Which one of us got the last laugh.

Lol...it is what it is, G-Dad. Don't take it so seriously.