Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Ryan Puglisi already fitting in at Georgia: ‘He looks like a great quarterback’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageRyan Puglisi already fitting in at Georgia: ‘He looks like a great quarterback’

ATHENS — Georgia only ended up signing one quarterback on Wednesday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nicely written article about what appears to be a pretty remarkable young man. glad you are a DAWG!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kylnmeg10 --"Dawgnation will be there to remind us for every yard/td he throws against inferior competition(big 10), lol."

Exactly! But you did leave out a word- meaningless!

He said, he didn't want to be a cog in a machine. I guess he came to that conclusion rather late. So, now he gets to be the machine itself. That in and of itself is the anti-UGA.

You're either a spoke on a wheel or you're the wheel. Is there another option?

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2023

Even though I really liked Jake Fromm. He didn’t have any dues to pay. Started as a freshman.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

I really like the 2 year succession gap that these three have between them. I think it gives Stockton and Puglisi the time it takes to be ready when their time comes, but not all the pressure of “running out of time” and “should I make a move?” I understand CKS’s comfort with having 4 scholarship QB’s, but I’m not sure where the ideal fourth would fit in.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"But at the end of the day, all us fans really want is more Ryan Puglisi's, just stand-up kids who say what they mean and mean what they say, regardless of what anyone else does. It's called integrity, and it's not that hard. Even for 17- and 18-year-old top-rated football players. Go Dawgs!"

That was so well said, it brought a tear to my eye!!

Could not agree more!!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2023

This post EXACTLY portrays my feelings about Pug in-specific, but the current CFB world in general. While the past month with all its chaos has been a little demoralizing for many (myself included) who have loved the sport for decades, it's players like Pug (and Beck, and Bolden, and etc. etc.) that remind you the whole world hasn't gone mad, just a part of it.

We won't be seeing the old version of CFB again, I know. But there are still tons of young men out there who remain high-performers AND high-character... those that understand that making the team better makes themselves even better. Football is a team sport... and so is life.

I'm glad the Dawgs seem to be the top draw for these kind of players (maybe Michigan, too, to be fair?) and that UGA seems to most frequently lose (whether recruiting flips or TP) high-performers who are "me first."

Ultimately, it seems to me that CKS and co. are more focused on making great men who are champions (aka "elite", at whatever they do) as opposed to a team dependent on a handful of fast-burn "Hollywood" types. If that isn't a recipe for long-term success, then I don't know what is... and if the sport changes so much in the coming years that that recipe doesn't apply anymore, then it's possible it'll be something some of us can't get behind anymore. 🤔 Hope springs eternal, though 😁

Go, Pug, and go Dawgs!

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Puglisi clearly the kind of young man you want on your team. Glad we got him! Prima Donna’s not needed. In fact Prima Donna’s best avoided.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

I think our Dawgs got theirselves a fine young man in Puglisi on and off the field of play. This young man is already “fitting in” and that’s not always an easy process. But sounds like his personality is helping him transition smoothly. Dawgs have Three great scholarship QBs now.

And I’m gonna throw this out there to. I’m also pretty impressed by the young man from Perry, Ga. that came as a preferred walk on. Read the article on him and he’s no slouch !! Just lead his HS to the State Championship. Turned down solid scholarship offers from allot of decent schools to come to UGA.

Said he wanted to Play for the team that he’d been a Fan of all his life !! I like that !! So to me we have Four great QBs !! Young man from Perry works his butt off on the Scout team who knows what might happen in future years ?? There’s a story about a guy named B………….

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well all I got to say if Raiola has a girlfriend she better be looking over her shoulder, because, well actions speak louder than words. Trust me we heard a lot of words.

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

What I said was he was willing to pay his dues. He decommitted from Alabama and came to UGA with 5* Jacob Eason already here. He was put in when Eason got hurt.

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

🤣 I don't think God cares where you play! 🤣