Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Salary for new Georgia defensive backs coach Donte Williams revealed

SystemSystem Posts: 11,058 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageSalary for new Georgia defensive backs coach Donte Williams revealed

The salary for Georgia defensive backs coach Donte Williams have been released, as the defensive backs coach will make $825,000 per an open records request filed by DawgNation.

Read the full story here

Comments

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s gotta be sweet to make that kind of money doing something you enjoy doing. Nice !!

• wpony714wpony714 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Considering the cost of living and taxes in CA, his entire way of living is about to improve a LOT.

• GBALGBAL Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dont think anyone feels they have to know this. Shoddy journalism IMO.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh Yes !! So True !! Oh and just for clarity on my comment I wasn’t trying to be sarcastic ( Not saying you think I was being). I just envy making that kind of money and enjoying what you do at the same time.

I assume he and the other coaches Do enjoy it as the demand to produce is probably pretty stressful. But Wow you are spot on about the difference in economy !! He’ll think he’s in Heaven compared to what he’s leaving !! And saw in the news today that some political moves there are about to make it even worse !!

I’ve never been to CA. But I served with quite a few guys from different parts of that state back in the early 70s to mid 80s and I heard countless times how beautiful it is out there. It’s a shame and tragedy that the politicians drove that state into the mud.

People are leaving there in droves !! Between crime and the economy, pick your poison, it’s intolerable to live there anymore. Now even the spectacularly wealthy aren’t immune !! Sad.

I had dreams of going out there one day to look around and take in the sights. Due to health issues I can’t now, but even if I could I’m not sure I’d Want to go now !! Wish you and family a Very Merry Christmas !! Go Dawgs !!

• GBALGBAL Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dont think anyone feels they have to know this. Shoddy journalism IMO.

Anyone feel a need to know. Just curious?

• Billy21Billy21 Posts: 205 ✭✭✭ Junior

I need some help to feel better about this hire. I know they guy can recruit, but not so sure on the development side... See 2023 USC stats. Can anyone shed some light on why we fill like he will be a good fit?

He coached cornerbacks at Oregon prior to USC. For 2 years, they were top 11 and top 2 in the country for interceptions.

Looking at USC stats will reflect a horrible Grinch scheme. Not one position group performed well. You had portal players like Mason Cobb who went from outstanding at Okie State to looking like a lost soul at USC. Even Bear looked like he regressed until about half way through the season. Reading some post mortems from this season, there were HUGE issues in the locker room between players, between players and coaches. Nobody plays well when this is going on and there is no unifying goal or mission.

Kirby said it, he and Muschamp focus on safeties, Donte will focus on cornerbacks. While at USC, Donte was asked to do too much including making him the interim HC after Helton got fired. He had 2 head coaches there who didn't understand a thing about playing defense. He had zero support, zero leadership. The outcome was predictable.

It's a public university. Pretty sure they make all salaries available. Taxpayers support that whether they watch football or not.

• BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As a fan it is interesting that the new guy is getting more than Coach Brown who was one of the best in the business. So is the new coach better? Or just the best available.

GO DAWGS!!