Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Oscar Delp presents Georgia football hopes, ‘unfinished business’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,507 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageOscar Delp presents Georgia football hopes, ‘unfinished business’

ATHENS — Oscar Delp spread a Holiday Season’s worth of Georgia football cheer in less than seven minutes this week.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 483 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nothing at all wrong with this article. But for some reason it reminded me of all the articles we will read from January till spring practice.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good article, @MikeGriffith … and such a positive read going into the busy holiday weekend. Merry Christmas to you and yours. 😎

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith

Lol...how in the world did you leave the Bama game...in Tuscaloosa...out of all that gum-flappin' about Strength of Schedule (SOS)? They have as many former Dawgs...as Kentucky, Tech and Arkansas....don't they?

Seems like the Dawgs are looking across the field at former players...more and more, every year.

• Options

Absolutely...you don't often hear that kind of talk this time of year...especially, after an SECCG loss.

Confidence reigns Supreme in Athens...and in the words of Loverboy...I'm "Lovin' Every Minute of It".

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oscar surely sounds like a leader. Gonna need him as this could be a defining year for the Dawgs. Great signing class...some may play early. Colbie Young for one. I am quietly optimistic about '24. IF UGA can get by Bama in September..it could set the tone for the year.

Merry Christmas!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't forget the guys pushin Delp for snaps.....I'd say that in that room at least one or two will meet and maybe surpass the standard BB set!

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawg61 the story notes the trip to Tuscaloosa - that is where Alabama plays

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh Yes !! Your so right !! Luckie and Spurlin both have a year under their belts now. In particular Luckie. So the two TE combo we saw with Bowers & Delp will still be available using these guys. I think Delp has Tons of potential. That one handed catch he made this year was reminiscent of Bowers !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    edited December 2023

I'm not completely convinced Bowers is turning Pro, this year. I think he may be coming back. In fact I believe most of the guys projected to leave are considering returning..

And...why not. They're playing pro ball, right now...and, having the time of their lives, while getting paid. Plus there's no guarantee, where you wind up being drafted....the City/Team or position on the draft board.

Unless, their "Family Financial Situation" Is dire....I don't see "that decision" being as critical as it once was.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes they are and unlike the NFL where when you let a player go before their eligible to based off a contract you should get a return benefit.

These other teams should be paying us to train up their starters. Our boosters are basically paying the guys to come here for 1-3 years, get weight trained, get position trained, and then bolt.

Thoughts? Alabama owes us for Burton and Trez. Miami owes us for Stephenson, Kentucky should pay us back for the investment we put into JDJ and Griff. Where's the payback for our investment?

• Options

Thanks..didn't catch that part.

I was only half joking...cause, I think we all knew what you meant. I thought it was your oversight that needed correcting...not that it really mattered to me. I just thought the story was incomplete without it....and, KNOW you know better.

Merry Christmas Brother. Great job, covering the Dawgs and shining a light on em, that other Reporters seem to deliberately avoid or completely ignore...Lol.

Maybe, if we all raise a little cane....Kirby will finally get the long awaited recognition he deserves. It's LONG overdue.

• Options

Lol....this whole thing is set up to scrape as much money out of the pockets of the fans. That's all.

It's a highly corruptible system that is doomed to failure. When the music stops...well...use your imagination. Lol...it ain't gonna be pretty.

Merry Christmas

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess noone liked my previous post about paying us to train up their future playeres. Oh well the truth hurts. We will have about 10-16 guys starting on other teams this next year that learned how to play football here.

We need a 2 year contract. No transferring for 2 years. I think the same thing should apply for coaches. 2 years. You need to stay 2 years unless a coach leaves that was your position coach or coordinator or head coach. Coaches should not be allowed to take another job unless they stay for 2 years. Also, some rules around NIL similar to salary cap.