Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Two starters, Damon Wilson not with the Georgia football team as it arrives in Miami for Orange Bowl

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageTwo starters, Damon Wilson not with the Georgia football team as it arrives in Miami for Orange Bowl

MIAMI — The Georga Bulldogs have arrived in Miami ahead of Saturday’s Orange Bowl against Florida State.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brock not getting off the plane is pretty telling. Whether it be the injury he may still be recovering from or him opting to go pro, he would have been on the plane with the team if he was planning on playing. Just my two cents worth. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Maybe maybe not. He lives in California and if he spend Christmas with family, may have taken a commercial flight.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

Can't imagine Bowers and Mims not traveling with the team and yet still playing. I'm sure they'd like to, but probably caved to the pleadings of their handlers. Sure hope Damon Wilson is simply recuperating from surgery, as he'll have significant opportunities to be a Dawg stud next year. Also hope the others making the trip ball out and destroy Florida State, whether they turn pro or not, just to show what "team" and brotherhood looks like. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Never say never, but they're both still nursing serious injuries and sure first round picks... healthier probably = higher. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Color me a Total Idiot 😂 But I’m totally confused about the eligibility rules regarding the TP and playing in the Bowl game. Let me take a shot at it though. So a guy like Zirkel who was originally a Dawg but now in the TP can play in the Bowl game as he’s not yet committed to another team correct ?? But the new guys Coming In to UGA via the TP cannot play in the game correct ?? Thx for the help in advance !!

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would still be surprised if they aren't on the sidelines for support....even if they are still recovering. They have earned that respect. Plenty of available travel spots with all the transfers.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

To my knowledge if you were TP and have even committed you can still play for your current team. Mentioned it multiple times in the Duke game. Players cannot play a contest with their new team, but can practice if enrolled (similar to a new signee out of HS).

• Options
    DawgDad1958DawgDad1958 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

I'm old school and still find myself getting frustrated with all the transfer portal and early entries to the NFL. I know it is how "business" is done nowadays and can't fault people chasing the almighty dollar, but there is the "if I don't do it, someone else will" mentality.

As a 65 year old and rabid football and baseball fan, I've already given up on the NBA and just about on the NFL, as well. There is no loyalty. About the time I learn the players and start to root for them, they exit for someplace else -- usually to a team I've been rooting AGAINST, so it makes it hard to still love them.

Oh well..just venting...but I am about to the point where I don't care anymore what the players or teams do.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Vent away my friend. You are not alone, as our generation rooted for both the players and the team.

unfortunately, now you have to choose rooting for either or the other. As the arch rival is becoming a thing of the past.

maybe a product of the participation trophy. 🙈