Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Carson Beck: ‘In my heart’ knew he was staying at Georgia after loss to Alabama

SystemSystem Posts: 11,080 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageCarson Beck: ‘In my heart’ knew he was staying at Georgia after loss to Alabama

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Carson Beck processes things quickly at quarterback, and apparently where his career decisions are concerned, too.

Read the full story here

Comments

• wpony714wpony714 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So all that nonsense allegedly coming from his camp about him wanting $4M, was in fact, nonsense.

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hey Mike, you reported numerous times in December that you had sources suggesting a 4+ mil NIL deal was central to discussions concerning a Carson Beck return.

These sources of yours were then re-reported by outlets with less journalistic integrity painting Carson in a very greedy/selfish light. While simultaneously seeing their validity being questioned by many of your peers.

Do you plan to publish any edits/corrections to this reporting now that we hear from the horses mouth that none of this was true? This article would have been a great time if so…. Just a simple note at the end. Kinda covers your arse…. So to speak.

I think your reporting has been great this year; but also feel that when your sources burn you then you ought to intentionally bring that to your readers attention to maintain credibility. Just my $0.02.

Thanks for all your reporting. Have enjoyed the reads and coverage this year.

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Ddavis0777 Carson didn't disclose any details of the negotiation or what the ask was from his representation.

Carson, like most players, has an agent/representation and surely doesn't do the negotiation himself.

The story on the negotiation is linked to in the story, and I'll stand behind those sources because they are credible.

I don't know where the deal ended up, but the reasoning for the amount requested was reported in that story -- as it was related to Carson's projected NFL value.

It's important to report what all parties say in a story, and now Carson has had his say.

It's interesting he knew he wanted to come back three days after the SEC title game (Dec. 5), but didn't announce his return for 13 days. That coincides with the reporting timeline and the report that negotiations were going on -- as they are for most all of college football's most elite talent that has the option to go pro of return to college.

I hope that answers your question. It's important to maintain full transparency in how stories are reported, particularly when sourcing is involved as there are no public records available to transaction records reported.

@wpony714 See my response below. There was no nonsense to what was reported.

As noted, most all elite talent has representation that negotiates on behalf of the talent. You'll note Carson signed a new NIL deal since it was announced he is coming back, the details of which have not been released.

Carson's value to the UGA Program is immense, to the point of matching a signing bonus is not only out of the question, but appropriate.

Of course no one would want the numbers to get out -- there are other players on the roster and their deals would be affected by where Carson sets the bar. It's to everyone's benefit at UGA to keep the details of the negotiation private, and it's understandable and acceptable Carson would not want to reveal the details of his deal.

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike, you cleared up a misunderstanding I had in your reporting in your reply. I just wanna defend my QB.

Thank you.