Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia QB Carson Beck ‘is gonna win the Heisman next year,’ according to Dillon Bell

SystemSystem Posts: 11,080 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia QB Carson Beck ‘is gonna win the Heisman next year,’ according to Dillon Bell

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. — Carson Beck is going to win the Heisman Trophy next season, Dillon Bell just knows it.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's cool, Carson.

I don't need a dang Committee of morons to tell me who the '23 National Champions are. UGA would've spanked em all in a playoff.....and, everybody can see it.

I watched the game in a resort tavern with Fans from across the Country....and I overheard many conversations lamenting the CFP Committee's biased or incompetent choices for the "top four teams".

Bottom line is......it's a deflated National Championship without UGA's presence....and, NOBODY'S buyin' it. The playoff's over as far as most people are concerned. They've already seen the best team play.

The other 4 teams were spared an embarrassment.....by a committee of biased human beings using the "Pencil Whip Method". That's the gist of it and Fans of all teams and Conferences saw it for themselves, tonight.

The CFP is a Joke this year. Thanks...Boo.

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. Imagine a fully healthy Georgia in the playoffs. You cannot tell me Brock and Mims would not have played. Of course they would have as Smael Mondon would as well. Plus the other 15 2nd level players that transferred.

Not going to fret. We just completed the best 3 year run of any team in the modern era. Kirby has built a machine. It was a lot of fun this year. Saw 3 games in person including Ole Miss and MIzzu. Both of those teams turned out to be top 10 so great victories for the Dawgs!

Dawgs have a culture of winning and the Noles have a culture of being mercenaries and quitters. People who say games don't matter do not understand that when you are 50 you look back and it all matters. The money comes and goes but the memories are forever. I would not want to be one of those players that opted out when fully healthy. Down the road they will regret their decision. Let's hope for their sake it doesn't (the quitting and abandoning teammates) continue. Create bad habits and live with your bad choices.

edited December 2023

If you don't think all those opt-outs won't pay a price. Think again.

NFL Team Scouts and GM's are putting it all together, now. They see what players in programs like UGA and Bama produce when they move on to the league [see Philadelphia, etal.].

They see the difference between a player that plays for the love of the game, their teammates and the hand that fed em.....and.....a player that "Stands on Business"....as Coach Drink would say....and, chases the eagle after just one year in a program.

One has passion and "All the right stuff"....the other....not so much. Some of the guys that Transfer, don't fall into the "money chaser" category. They are legitimate "transfers".

In any case...you can bet...if I was a scout, serious questions would be asked of a Freshman that transferred away, or opted out of the Orange game...specifically.

Make no mistake....the CFP Committee destroyed any credibility of Mike Norvell's football program. ...not to mention the credibility of the ACC and FSU. It's almost as if...they did it to intentionally promote 2 Conferences at the expense of everybody else.

Why would an elite player, that aspires to be a Champion, and compete....want to be a 'Nole or member of the ACC....after being denied a playoff spot, with a 13-0 record and Conference Championship. What more could FSU have done.

Football is about 22 men split between a LOS. Smartest, toughest, most athletic and best coached 11 players...win the game [most of the time]. However....The game must be played. Nobody loses a football game on paper.

FSU loses a player [QB] 6 weeks before the first CFP Game will be played......and, they're dropped from Championship contention because they lost "1 Player"!!!? B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T to the 10th degree!!!! Ain't buyin' it.

Never saw anything like that in my life. They let a cheater [UM] play...and, denied a true "UNDEFEATED" contender, for some nefarious reason that may be revealed at the completion of several ongoing investigations.

What was done to both FSU and UGA will stand out as a travesty in the annals of CFB History.

I think we're about to see a true playoff with actual qualifying "rules an criteria"....similar to every other sport and football league.....or.....the SEC and BIG10 will break off and form their own league....or....both.

I don't believe anybody is happy with the way things turned out. We were denied some great games. As far as I'm concerned....the CFP winner is still chasing UGA. Michigan never got the chance to see if that "Beat UGA Period" helped em. Lol

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Even if FSU had ALL their players including their qb we would've boat raced them. Maybe not by 60 but I bet we still beat them by 30.

What I saw in the 2nd half was our 3rd team qb this year (Gunnar) and our 7th team running back (I don't even know his name honestly) and walk on qb (Muschamp) and a walk on running back and a bunch of freshman and guys on the 3rd and 4th teams kicking the ever living daylights out of those FSU players.

And....because the FSU coach and players deserve to hear this...we ran them out of the state of Florida. They are currently on their way to another country as it should be when you stink so bad...Tallahassee is loserville

We [my family and i] were in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge for the New Year's Celebration. Wearing our UGA gear, of course....Lol. people were making comments on UGA's obvious dominance and like us...thought, UGA was screwed.

Two OSU Fans made the same kind of comments we've been making. NOBODY....is fooled by the BS. This is gonna get interesting.

The CFPC better start praying that Texas and Bama show up to play...or they "got some 'splainin' to do, Lucy". Lol