Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers following Florida State demolition

SystemSystem Posts: 10,451 admin
edited January 1 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers following Florida State demolition

Winner: Dillon Bell

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 473 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There are 3 more SEC vs B1G games today

would love to see a 5-1 SEC domination by midnight

never expected Auburn to pull the upset

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 1

Winner: Gunner Stockton.

Great to see him get some good playing time. The kid is tough. If Kirby doesn't hit the portal for another experienced QB then I'd say Gunner needs more playing time to get ready in case he needs to step in next season due to potential injury. All it takes is one play, and Beck could be out of commission. I didn't see enough of Stockton's arm to make any judgement, but overall it seems the kid is still pretty green.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dillon "Swiss Army Knife" Bell: Reminds me of two of our very best, Hines Ward and Champ Bailey.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now that there will be two more challengers in the B1G.....Oregon and Washington, the "Cupcake Killers".......Ryan Day, James Franklin and Jimmy "The Sign" Harbaugh are in danger.....it will be crystal clear they are at best mediocre coaches.

"But college football is a sport that has been devoid of real leadership for some time.".......the NCAA has willfully shrunk from ships captain to woke cabin boy, I say the SEC, B1G and Big 12 need to withdraw and form their on governing body.....the others will follow!

Cash Jones....."Hit Man" award......Dude loves to HIT.......whether he's runnin, blockin, catchin or special teams assassin!

How bout some much needed LOVE for Robinson II and Paul.....they are the promise of many SUNNY FALL DAYS in 24!

• Options
    MLVMLV Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Agree with Gunner Stockton being a winner. Given another spring, I can see very good things coming from him as Georgia's future QB. He's mobile, has a good arm, and looked more and more confident as the game wore on.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 1

Loser: the college football playoff committee. They really screwed up the whole process from NOT picking the 4 best teams to placing too much weight on a game in September. The rest of the season didn’t matter for those 2 teams. One unfortunately got better while the other lost a game to an overrated OK team then looked mediocre in barely winning down the stretch. It’s very obvious now that the 4 best teams are not in the playoffs. Georgia, even with a loss, would have been favored over #s 1-3. Even if FSU had all of their opt-outs playing, Georgia is still the superior team and still would have won by 4 TDs.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If UGA was in the B1G, they would cakewalk through the conference then play an Iowa for the conference championship? That is a joke of a conference! The only difference between the Dawgs and Michigan and Ohio State is the Dawgs would be legitimate contenders for the NC!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I've been seeing people conceding that Georgia wouldn't be favored in a rematch. I'm pretty sure we would be. That 3 point loss was considered an upset for a reason. And there's even specific precedent for it. In 2021, after we lost by multiple scores, we were still favored in the rematch.

So, yeah, including Bama without Georgia was an absolute joke. I'm going to be rooting pretty hard against them. And don't get me wrong, I dislike Michigan as much as the next guy, but I'm actually hoping to see them go the distance this year. That's right, the committee has activated my inner Joker; I'm ready to watch the CFB world burn this year. I want to see that corrupt selection process produce a corrupt champion. And as a possible bonus, is Corrigan the master of ceremony or whatever for the title game? It would be so satisfying to watch him have to hand the trophy to a known cheater.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 473 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’ll take it one more step. Michigan wins then gets stripped of their title for cheating.

• Options
    FloridadawgFloridadawg Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

winner: the UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA 😎. The DAWGS will have more nattys in the future with this kind of attitude in our players and coaches. Family sticks together to the end