Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia cornerback Julian Humphrey enters transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited January 2 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia cornerback Julian Humphrey enters transfer portal

Another Bulldog has gone into the transfer portal, as cornerback Julian Humphrey becomes the latest to do so.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

Season of changes. Best of luck and hope you find what you are looking for. Suspect he will end up closer to home.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

but I thought he just said he was staying.

I really liked his potential as a "lock down" cb

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I bet we have at least 1 player who enters the portal that changes his mind and stays.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Humphrey saw his season cut short due to a collarbone injury he suffered in the win over Ole Miss.”

I don’t understand why a player would transfer while recovering from an injury. It seems like it would be a big disadvantage to a player trying to make a new start with a new team while limited by rehabilitation. However, there seems to be a pattern of it developing at Georgia.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 3

UGA losing CB's 1, 3, 4, 12 this season after losing 5* CB Singletary last off season really takes the UGA D down a few pegs. BIG need to add a starting CB from the TP.

BTW AL already added 5* TP CB Domani Jackson (USC) to go w/ 5* DL LT Overton.

Just saw All- ACC CB ('22) Ayden White NC State has entered the TP. UGA needs someone to come in. Freshmen don't win CFBNC's.

Would be a good time for AJ Harris to reconsider transfer. He would be 1st in line to start.

• Options
    ypcregypcreg Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wow, I'm speechless about this one.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A lot of transfers make sense from the outside. This is not one of those.

• Options
    PeterAPeterA Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Which team just got burnt by deep balls and need better CBs?

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Going for the money I guess. UGA will be just fine. Trust in Kirby. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is becoming all to familiar. The NIL money is what 90% of them jump ship for. There needs to be a rule that precludes any contact with players on another team until after they have entered the portal.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bye

leave

get outta here.

Go chase them dollars, good luck when you’re old and grey and thinking back to these days when you were part of a special team in order to chase some temporary dollars that will undoubtedly pass straight through your fingers.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought we was a family! Not everyone buying in. It’s all about that dolla.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Fran Brown effect!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    FloridadawgFloridadawg Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

As I read some of these posts . I have to wonder why are yall worried? we have a full cupboard and will be just fine. we need "TRUE" Dawgs. This is a family.

• Options
    ypcregypcreg Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Robinson was wearing #12. Was that already an indication?

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Though Humphrey is a talent I would have preferred staying, I just saw the highlight interceptions by Ellis Robinson in practice for the all-star game next Saturday. This guy is superhuman! Don't tell me a true freshman CB cannot start and contribute heavily to a CFP run. I'm sure Humphrey and other DBs witnessed some of this during December practices for the Orange Bowl. The cupboard may be less populated and young, but not remotely bare.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Honestly, this feels more like a had-to situation. We're already riding the edge as far as scholarships go, so this feels like trimming. I thought he was doing better than Everette when he was playing, but that's just my personal opinion. Yes Everett got the INT in the OB. But in big games, he was getting shook and out ran constantly and never looking back.

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't necessarily know Humphrey would have been the CB answer opposite Everette next year, and as we saw in SECCG Everette is not yet a lockdown CB like we had in Lassiter. Hope someone will step up this spring/summer to become that guy. Having played that position in my youth, I always try to keep a special eye out for their play. It was a comfort knowing for the last two years, one of the opposing top receivers wouldn't do anything against us - proven in many games.