Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia tight end Brock Bowers declares for NFL draft

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited January 2 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia tight end Brock Bowers declares for NFL draft

One of the best players to ever play for the Georgia Bulldogs has elected to move on, as tight end Brock Bowers declared for the 2024 NFL Draft.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    mlm1947mlm1947 Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited January 2

As for Humphrey, regardless how good he "may be" or "could be", I don't want any kid on my team who does not want to be on my team ... period ...

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He IS an All American and he DID win the Mackey award this year. Connor, did you write this after falling into a well amonth ago? Get it together, man.

Bowers is a legend plain and simple. Looking forward to seeing him dominate in the NFL.I 'm sure the Falcons will take a pass if given the opportunity because they ****. Lol.

• Options
    ErminErmin Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman
  • Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2

These past three years have been such an incredible run. When you think of all the great plays offensively the name Brock Bowers comes to mind. From catching a pass from Stetson Bennett and outrunning half a dozen Tech defenders, going 77 yards to the end zone as a Freshman, to scampering past South Carolina on another 78 Yd pass from Bennett. Then the dazzling catch against the Gators to the house, and this past season taking over the 4th quarter against Auburn and scoring on a 40 Yd pass for the game winner.

He had so much to do with UGAs success. Seems the offense was designed around him. His presence created such a headache for opposing defenses. Simply the best player in college football. Second to none.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Go get ‘em at the next level Brock! It’s been great fun watching you play for the Dawgs. You have been the best in every way both on and off the field. As we say, “ “You’re a DGD!

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Godspeed, you will be missed.

• Options
    ih8bamaih8bama Posts: 10 ✭✭ Sophomore

Zona, I would not even wish the Falcons on this DGD. They can’t even get a QB that can get him the ball. On 2nd thought, maybe Brock can play QB. Can’t be much worse than what they have

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We should be celebrating one of the greatest players to ever wear the Red and Black! Instead, we have to wade through a load of crap from an unprofessional “journalist” thinking where has this clown with a keyboard been the past month?

• Options
    FloridadawgFloridadawg Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

I hate to see you go into the nfl .another year would make you that much better but it must be hard to pass up 1st round money. Thanks for being a "DGD". You and Ladd and the rest have made this life long dawg fan the happiest man on earth." Now go be great"

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brock Bowers you will forever be a Legendary DGD. More than just a tremendously great football player, your high character and work ethic has shown us time and again you are a great human being.

Would you consider dropping out of the draft and running for President ?? Bet you’d get Tons of votes You’d sure get mine !! But No I don’t wish politics off on you, your to great a person for that corrupt mess.

I’m very confident your gonna be Legendary in the NFL to. God Bless you, I wish you the Very best life has to offer On and Off the field of play. Thank You Brock for all the wonderful memories !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    SloanDawgSloanDawg Posts: 24 ✭✭ Sophomore

What a pleasure watching this kid in Red & Black!

Wouldn’t it be something if guys like Bowers could exhaust their college eligibility (as they want), without the worry of money?

NFL = like a gold ring in a pig’s snout…

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Simply the BEST. Better than all the rest. Thank you, Brock (and Ms. Turner, too).