Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia ‘would be favored over everyone’ in CFP, per renowned oddsmaker

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited January 3 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia ‘would be favored over everyone’ in CFP, per renowned oddsmaker

ATHENS — Georgia should have made the four-team CFP Field and would have been favored to win the national title, according to renowned oddsmaker Danny Sheridan.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

While I believe he is correct we had our chance and blew it. Hey we'll be a lock for the years to come though to make the playoffs.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Too many people hurt. Bobo's worst two quarters. A defensive line that was missing one person. No pressure on Milroe. I hate to say it, but the dawgs lost when they should have crushed Bama. Only four get to dance, and Georgia lost it's chance. Need to fix the Defensive and offensive lines. They were a step off.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bobo's play calling was sketchy the entire game. Tried to run our most basic offense against a decent Bama defense. Seems like we always tend to do that against Bama. Except 2021, it's almost to the point where Kirby got gun shy about Beck. If we're gonna run RPOs, at least pull it once in a while. And know who's actually got it, lol.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BOOM!!!

Mike G. with the mic drop!!

Awesome!

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I completely agree with Sheridan. Finally a national writer with enough guts to say all of this. I just want to know why that team that lost to mich couldn’t have played like that in the sec title game.

Go Dawgs! Going for 3 out of 4 in ‘24!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This reporter/writer retired from USA Today had the courage to step up and Say what millions upon millions of CFB fans, coaches, players, media, etc. Know to, but would Never say. Simply put the so called CFB Playoff Committee blew it and they blew it Bad.

The results of their bumbling and fumbling unfortunately won’t help or heal Dawg Nation regarding 2023, but perhaps it will Force them to be much more careful and intelligent in their selections going into the new 12 team format.

Everyone that has even minuscule knowledge of CFB knows that UGA shouldn’t have been kicked out of the final four and Bama Launched all the way from #8 into the final four. Just like our govt. it causes people to be rightfully suspicious.

But like some of you have already posted, this gives Kirby ammunition to promote the ole Chip On The Shoulder to 2024 Dawgs and that’s a Good thing !! Revenge is gonna be at the heart of the 2024 Dawgs program, and they tend to be exceedingly fearsome when thinking that way !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"While I believe he is correct we had our chance and blew it."______jvillebil

Haven't been around football very long, huh?. There aren't very many undefeated "teams"....much less "Champions"...in the history of the game.

While being undefeated, may seem like a clean claim to greatness....I assure you...it's not. Depends on who ya played.

UGA losing to Bama, by 3....in a POSTSEASON game....is not equivalent to Bama losing to Texas or Texas losing to Oklahoma, during the regular season.

UGA's postseason loss, should have been weighted far less than Bama and Texas' losses during the season.

That's not "blowing it". That's getting "screwed" by 13 member jury....in the same way, Nicole Brown's Family was "screwed" by 12 people that saw OJ as a victim.

As long as fallible, biased, corruptible human beings are assigned to "name a Champ"....somebody's gonna get screwed, sometime.

People aren't perfect. The game of football, "is" perfect. Let's decide the Championship, on the field....not in a darned voting booth.

I can't believe, schools and Coaches have allowed this nonsense to go on as long as it has.

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

I would love to have seen our offensive line pass protect against Michigan rush, even though they couldn't rush 5, 6 every time like they did against bama. We have much more skill talent threat outside than bama does. I also would have loved to see Lassiter take on Dunze for Wash. That would have been another best on best lockdown.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm declaring us 2024 National Champions. Scre w the Bama paid refs and Sankey with his tired old act. Lame.

Dawgs were the best team hands down. Washington, Michigan - bah!

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Alabama didn’t play like that in the SECCG for the same reason we play our best ball when we feel challenged- Tennessee the past two years with all their yapping; Ole Miss this year; the 2021 natty. I’m convinced like most folks on here Georgia was the better team in 2023, but loathe though I am to admit it, Alabama does seem to relish the challenge of a good challenge, particularly when it’s Georgia, a team that actually presents a challenge to their coveted brand of dominance, if that makes sense. Georgia being so banged up in the SECCG certainly didn’t help their cause, but neither did the fact Alabama had practically been salivating at the thought of meeting Georgia there.

Oh, one final thought- while I personally don’t spend much time dwelling on the fact Georgia should have gotten in the CFP, (even though I agree they should have) I am wholeheartedly of the opinion that not only did the conference powers that be want to help Alabama, they also wanted to be sure there was no chance of a Georgia-Alabama rematch in the CFP. I’m convinced they wanted to send the GOAT Saban out on awinning note, just like I’m convinced he made sure Pollack didn’t survive the purge at ESPN after his comments next to him during halftime of last year’s natty. Those powers that be got what they wanted… until Michigan exposed Alabama for the flawed team they really are.

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike Farrell

@mfarrellsports

FSU fell a spot after beating an average Louisville team. That still wasn’t right as they went 13-0. 

But how the hell did UGA fall five spots after losing a 3 point game to Alabama? And their first loss in three seasons? This isn’t talked about enough.

-

Mike Greenberg

@Espngreeny

Here’s how absurd the “four best” concept is.

There is no one who has watched five football games in their life who doesn’t know #Georgia is one of the four best.

They’d be favored against anyone on a neutral field.

So - you putting them in?

8:43 PM · Dec 2, 2023

-

Matt DeBary

@MattDeBary

Not that it matters in the championship talk, but FSU ranked over Georgia is just nonsense.

Nobody with a functional brain thinks FSU would beat Georgia if they played right now.

12:35 PM · Dec 3, 2023

-

“UGA got screwed big time, not FSU,” Sheridan penned.

Says it all. After UGA throttled FSU that was it for me this college football season.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

WHat I have said all along....it wasn't them...it was us! But we took our screwing over like a man!