Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Julian Humphrey to reportedly remain at Georgia instead of entering transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,448 admin
edited January 3 in Article commenting
imageJulian Humphrey to reportedly remain at Georgia instead of entering transfer portal

It turns out Julian Humphrey is not leaving.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 3

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

“Afterward, Humphrey seemed to indicate that he would be returning to Georgia for another season but that is now no longer the case.”

So is he or isn’t he? The headline says one thing and then the above quote appears in the article.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JHum is CB1 on the '24 team unless UGA brings in a TP CB. Hopefully he is all in now.

Alabama's C (from Buford) w/all the snapping problems, hit the TP today. Was probably getting threats. Also of interest was Terrence Ferguson AL OL and high 4* HS player from GA hitting the TP. If Truss and/or TRatt go pro, Ferguson could be in play for UGA.

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Right on, Mr. Humphrey!! I think that is a wise decision.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

That's Connor getting busted for copying and pasting from one of his articles to another to save time. He forgot to delete that part I guess. LOL

• Options
    ypcregypcreg Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don’t know if he got a raise or not, it’s a hugely good news regardless.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He just avoided making a Big mistake by reversing course and staying. Gotta respect that. He’ll be glad that he did when he’s ready to go to the NFL.

But this is proof perfect what a powerful magnetic pull the NIL has on these young guys. And when I was their age if someone were waving a bunch of ( short term though) green at me I’d probably have been Foolish enough to fall for the bait and Ruin my future. I’ve never proclaimed myself being the sharpest knife in the drawer and I Sure wasn’t at his age !!

Now he needs to roll his sleeves up and bust his butt in class and on the field in practices. Do all he can to prepare himself for the coming year, build some good film up for the NFL to see. Repeat of the same in 2025, then at the end of his Jr. year IF he’s had a great year he’ll get money that’ll make the NIL look like chump change !!

I can see how tempting the NIL money would be though. It’s hard for a guy his age to have patience when there’s allot of green being waved at you !!

Out of curiosity do any of y’all know what the approximate range of a NIL deal is ?? Highest vs Lowest ?? Is $5 million highest vs $300,000 lowest sound about right ??

I Know there’s no set parameters, it depends on how good and how popular a player is, how much publicity surrounds him, what companies are involved, as well as college booster clubs etc. I’m guessing he was probably looking at a million $$ Plus. Allot of money Short Term !!

But if he’s looking at 1st, 2nd, 3rd. round draft Staying at UGA vs. 4th, 5th, 6th, or even 7th draft by going to another school that Wouldn’t coach him up as well, he could and probably Would lose millions upon millions of $$$ for every round he drops !! In the end he did the Smart thing to do, and I imaging K. Smart is glad he made that Smart decision !! 😀 Go Dawgs !!

P.S. Because of NIL, the TP, the potential to go to the NFL as a Jr. course that’s been that way, but more and more these college HCs are earning their money !! If you think about it a HC trying to build an Elite program rarely gets Any time off !!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    SR_JRSR_JR Posts: 45 ✭✭ Sophomore

If you think that Everette will start next year then don't think. Mark my words it will be Ellis and Humphrey