Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

DawgNation Cover 4 on Georgia football: What is your favorite Brock Bowers moment?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,560 admin
edited January 5 in Article commenting
imageDawgNation Cover 4 on Georgia football: What is your favorite Brock Bowers moment?

DawgNation’s “Cover 4″ concept is a timely content piece on DawgNation.com. This Cover 4 is the second post where DawgNation staffers Brandon Adams, Mike Griffith, Connor Riley and Jeff Sentell share their perspectives on the **** great run Brock Bowers had in Athens.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THE MAtrix move where he defied gravity!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The 4th down sideline catch against Ohio St. to keep the drive alive..Unbelievable what this guy can do..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All those are great moments, but no mention of him completely taking over the game in the 4th quarter against Auburn. His 1 handed grabs, including one called back, were spectacular. His ability to separate, when everyone knew the ball was coming to him, is impressive. His speed was on display when he took a pass up the middle against Tech and left the Tech DB'S looking like linemen trying to catch up. But the real wakeup moment for me was as a freshman against UAB, he caught a pass along the sideline and left everyone in the dust. Wow, what a moment. From then on we knew Brock was UGA'S football version of the Human Highlight Reel(no disrespect to Dominique Wilkins). Hard to pick just one.

• Options
    Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 65 ✭✭✭ Junior

Up there with Trippi, Sinkwich, Walker for sure.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All of the previous BB highlights were phenomenal and worthy of praise and demonstrative of a DGD.....but, what forever distinguished Brock Bowers for me as one of The BEST DGD's in Georgia's storied history was how he felt and treated his TEAM mates......".This off season Bowers declined a deal with Georgia’s Classic City Collective, which provides monetary and business support to all Bulldog athletes.......As such, he’d prefer whatever was going to go to him get put back in the pot to increase the amount for everyone else.".......The exclamation was made by his encouragement and support of Oscar Delp, throughout the season and his congratulatory excitement shared with Lawson Luckie and Pierce Spurlin in The Orange Bowl!

Brock Bowers will forever be an ever lasting foundation of The Dawg Culture!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 5

So many moments. Will be a long time before we see another UGA player as good. The "Matrix Moment" was the biggest play of his career. I have 2 other choices. 1) swing pass against ? early in his freshman year when he outran the defense and DB's w/angles down the right sideline (80 yards?) serving notice that this young guy was a player. 2) medium post play vs GT where he ran through the GT D untouched for a long TD (70 yards?). Looked like a Forrest Gump moment where he was just faster than everyone else.

The circus catch (leaping, twisting, fully extended, fingertip) he had early vs MI in the CFBPO semi may have been his best career catch.

His explosion was different and what separated him from other players. Hopefully he regains that explosion he had pre-injury.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The NFL guys will figure all that out. Such a negative take. You have to be getting paid by a rival to be posting such negative stuff all the time. Let me guess, you are yellow jacket fan?

• Options

My favorite is the Florida catch. The pure athleticism of making that catch is incredible.

• Options
    edited January 5

Negative? How? When BB came back he clearly had lost some (a lot?) of explosion. The SECCG proved he came back too soon. He wasn't the same player. Did he look the same to you?

Can he regain all his previous explosion? IDK. I hope so because it is fun to watch BB play. Like the NFL, I'll believe it when I see it. IF BB runs a sub 4.50 40 at the combine I'll be shocked. If he runs a sub 4.60 I will be surprised.

You expecting BB to be the same player tells me you were never a player. Injuries heal but you are never 100% like before. Once Joe Namath was a running QB at AL. Injuries took their toll to the point Namath was a statue in the AFL/NFL. How about Deion eventually losing his (turf) toe to surgery?

Seems to me you have lost your objectivity. Thanks for confirming my suspicion that you are the 1 person down voting every one of my posts. Guess what? It doesn't bother me. Nor am I a GT fan.

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is an impossible question for me. Every moment BB was in the Red & Black was my favorite. He kept everyone on the edge of their seat. At any moment he could deliver a freakish display of superhuman athleticism. He's simply on another level.

• Options

I've given you an up vote when you earned it. Maybe 2 percent of your posts. Brock will run a 4.6 or faster.

• Options
    BoydCrowderBoydCrowder Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

I really like that GA Tech 77-yarder too. He makes the entire Tech team look like little kids chasing their uncle in a back yard game.

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 192 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm gonna go with the long TD down the sideline his freshman year. Not sure who we were playing.

I was like " Oh, OK"

It was like America " Let me introduce you to Mr. Brock Bowers"

Don't think I've felt depressed like this since Thomas Davis left.

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 6

1. SC game - Bowers 78 yard TD pass from Bennett where he shakes off one defender and turns around another. 3rd TD that day for Brock.
    2. The 77 yard TD pass from Bennett against Tech. Bowers blew right past five defensive players.
    3. The dazzling catch against the Gators to score.
    4. The go-to guy in the 4th quarter of the Auburn game, scoring the go ahead TD with a 40 yard romp.
    5. There are so many great moments, this could go on and on.....
  • Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 6

Absolutely. Every time he touched the ball was a highlight reel waiting to happen.

• Options

2 out of 100 posts thumbs up confirms that you don't know much about football.

• Options

I only played it for 11 years and been an avid fan my whole life. You do you Mr. Fake Georgia Fan.