Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Michigan nation’s best, but college football deserved better ending

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited January 9 in Article commenting
imageMichigan nation’s best, but college football deserved better ending

ATHENS — College football fans and followers deserved better this season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great article.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who cares?..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

MG is in a roll and with these pieces!

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 9

I love football, understatement of the year... and predominantly college football anymore, given what the pros have increasingly become. I also agree with all the points below on the "vibe" (and some early facts) of less-than-clean behaviors around Michigan's program this year (maybe before, as well... who knows?). Finally, I do think UGA was shafted, even though I wish we'd controlled our own destiny in the SECCG.

With all that said, I'll say what I don't see in other posts (at least explicitly): the CFPCG was just NOT a good game. Putting aside all my (considerable) UGA bias, I was looking forward to high-powered offenses (one running-led, the other passing-led) playing against tremendous defenses that struggled to keep the points off the board given how good the two competitors' O's were. Other than the UM run game in the first quarter, I got none of that. Zippo. Lisa and I struggled to make it to the very end, as it just did not match up to any of the Top 20 games (mostly SEC, obviously) we saw throughout the regular season. For us, it was a bust.

There's a reason that all the press is talking about how great the semi's were, but not the final. There's no "instant classic" or "what a nail-biter!" or other hype I could find out there in any coverage... because it wasn't a great game.

I'm clearly a homer, but if we couldn't see what would have been a great UGA/UM match-up, I would have appreciated at least an exciting game... looks like we'll have to wait 'til next year :(

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Harbaugh might be going to the NFL....but might not too. It's all speculation at this point. However, Michigan could be a true contender next season if QB McCarthy comes back along with one or two of the O-line players that may opt for the NFL (Michigan could lose 4 starting offensive linemen).

Concerning Washington - Penix is not an NFL calibre QB. He cannot complete passes under any kind of duress or movement out of the pocket, and if he hasn't been coached & developed to do that successfully at this point in his football life then I doubt the NFL is going to develop him to be able to be a good passer in motion. He was abysmal last night.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So technically if that championship is vacated and we win next year is that not a 3 peat still...

The playoff committee headed by an ACC AD got what it wanted this year. A non-SEC champion. Next year it will not be so lucky.

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 187 ✭✭✭ Junior

You think college football is corrupt now??

Wait until revenue sharing kicks in.

It's sad.

We're watching it swirl around the toilet now.

• Options
    BackHomeBackHome Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior

It’s funny that the ACC isn’t considered good enough to be represented in the CFP by their undefeated champion, but those top notch officials made the CFP Championship Game! The crew at the Tech game was horrendous.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All things considered, it leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.

Go, Dawgs!