Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Michigan nation’s best, but college football deserved better ending

2»

Comments

• Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

I know gambling has existed under the table for a LONG time, but it just seems to me that officiating in college and pro has taken a nosedive since gambling has become mainstream. I know refs can’t gamble but what’s to stop their buddy from making the bets and then paying them later? I might be paranoid but it’s just been odd. Especially the Offensive Offsides in the NFL that took a huge uptick after the chiefs bills game. I still can’t believe they didn’t review Bamas 4th down pass. You have to stop that and take a look just as you would a touchdown.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Something is up with the officiating! Do we want the game to be decided by the coaches and the players, or do we want the games to be decided by the officials?

Very questionable calls went a long way to deciding the SECCG and now the NCG. Anybody else see a pattern?

You would think Michigan O-lineman wearing white gloves would be a red flag for the officials, and they would look more closely for holding.

That didn't happen. Oh, how convenient...

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Harbaugh gets the "white glove" treatment. Let's just hope he moves on to the NFL for the sake of the CFB.

• Options
    YankeeDawg64YankeeDawg64 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Dawgnation & fans, lets take the high road (as Ga does often) and NOT be like OSU last year and Big Blue the year B/F. In prior looses, those teams did nuthin' but whine LOL. Cryin Day is prob still pissed about last year :-)

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"Michigan nation's best," did you type that with a straight face? Best at cheating and getting away with it.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Spot on Mike! Those two plays were the game. I still don’t understand how the ref didn’t see that obvious hold. Darn near ripped the defender’s jersey off. Can it really be incompetence? One wonders.

on the other hand, having the O line wear those white gloves was a pretty smart tactic. Plus, it clearly is consistent with the way Harbaugh operates. He’s certainly on the shady side. But my Michigan friends really like the man. Hope he moves on to the NFL where he belongs.