Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC Network star: Alabama beating Georgia ‘worst thing’ for league this year

SystemSystem Posts: 10,449 admin
edited January 11 in Article commenting
imageSEC Network star: Alabama beating Georgia ‘worst thing’ for league this year

ATHENS — The 2023 season ended with a controversial champion, and outgoing coaching legend and a lot of what-ifs for Georgia football.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    jdawg19jdawg19 Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Loyalty to a University for new players has turned into Money and NFL Training Camps.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 375 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

While Doering is a Gator, he’s pretty spot on most of the time. His Florida bias creeps in at times, but not often.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I said as much after the Michigan beat down. CB could have provided quicker more precise short to intermediate passes. Milroe's game is more akin to backyard ball-everybody go long and I'll stand back here and wait til I see someone open. Michigan never gave him time. Noit saying it would have been a piece of cake for UGA, just a better shot.

• Options
    87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

I agree that UGA beats either team in the CFP finals, but that's on UGA for not beating Alabama. Michigan did what UGA couldn't: get early pressure on Milroe and contain him. The lack of a consistent pass rush was a problem all year, but they overcame it with a superior offense and the ability to wear teams down. Alabama was the best defense they faced, and Milroe made plays with his arm or legs when given time. We saw a similar scenario play out last year with Ohio State, where C. J. Stroud had his way with the defense when he wasn't pressured; however, their defense wore down and couldn't stop UGA in the second half. Still, they were a makable field goal away from winning. Hopefully, UGA develop a pass rusher(s) this year and can get pressure with four.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Michigan did what no other team did. They won all their games. You can only win the games on your schedule. Georgia should of finished ranked second and that is where we belong. Sucks but that's what it is. Next time call a timeout Kirby. Everyone realizes that we went into hafltime not using a timeout right? That's on the coach.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

With Saban retired does that mean the SEC referees will arbitrate games impartially now?

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Different 87Dawg comment...

I have been saying the same thing. I could blame the refs for missing the call (and I do) but Kirby and his staff blew it by letting alabama rush to the line and get the next play off. It was a "first down" with a stopped clock and there was zero reason for that hurry-up other than to prevent a review. I would have called the TO if only for that reason. I was actually hollering at the TV to call it.

And I agree and said the same in a post on here somewhere: What were you saving it for? Sorry, that was bad coaching. Rare, yes, but still bad.