Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

NCAA deals Florida State sanctions for illegal recruitment of active Georgia player

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited January 12 in Article commenting
imageNCAA deals Florida State sanctions for illegal recruitment of active Georgia player

ATHENS — Georgia’s massive Orange Bowl victory might taste a bit sweeter for the Bulldogs in light of a recent NCAA ruling.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 12

Could care less where Mike Norvell goes but the penalties need to go with him and not the school.....

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow. Appears the entire FSU program fails the sniff test. Norvell now has a stink on him he'll never get rid of. Alabama aren't foolish enough to sign him as HC.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Alabama aren't foolish enough to sign him as HC."

Oh, they probably are......🤣

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He just got a raise to 10 mil a year for 8 years. Break the rules get your buttocks beat like a billy goat ramming a sheep and then secure a raise. Nice.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Had no idea the player involved in all of this was Mims. Took the NCAA a couple of years to get it done, but good on them for GETTING it done. I hope this deters other predators, but I doubt it will. But it's a start.

As for the NCAA doing something to Michigan, I would have been skeptical up to now. But this news does give me some hope, although I think it would be at least a year away. But beyond punishment, what I REALLY want there is for someone -- the NCAA, the Big 10, ESPN, the Atlantic, Joe the Plumber, -- but anyone to be able to concretely prove that Harbough knew about the cheating. I just want it to come out publicly that he knew because as sure as water is wet, I believe in my heart that he not only knew Stalions was cheating, but that he condoned it. I believe that's why they so quickly suspended Stalions and then forced him to resign rather than having him fight it.

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 12

Wow. Just saw that. That's a big commitment to a HC that doesn't seem to have control of the program.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And yet the Michigan Cheaters skate.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pffft....so what? Is this supposed to make us forget how they screwed UGA, this year? Again!

Where are they, on the Michigan/Harbaugh investigation? Gonna wait till he leaves, to punish the school, players and Fans. Horse....****!

How 'bout Texas A&M? We know darned well, they had to cheat, in '21. The "traditionally powerful" Football programs have nothing to worry about. They're protected commodities that generate lots of revenue.

There's so much obvious cheating going on, by so many programs....it makes you wonder about the timing and severity of the NCAA's intervention, in this particular case.

It's almost "as If"... there's a concerted effort to destroy the FSU Program....for whatever reason....while protecting Michigan and Harbaugh at all costs. They're part of the "ESPN Darlings", that generate lots of revenue. Gotta keep em relevant. Lol

Crooked! All of em.

• Options

If you don't think Saban was doing the same thing...I got a great fishing pier in the Gobi Desert that you may be interested in. Lol

The way I see it....there's 2 types of programs....those that seek an illegal edge and get caught....and, those that don't get caught. And, they "don't get caught"....cause, nobody's lookin' at em.

Lol....they've been trying their best, to get people to forget or diminish the cheating Michigan was involved with....[since 2021 at the latest]. That's over 2 years worth of cheating, They're trying to scrape under the rug.

I won't let em get away with it, myself. I'm going to call em out, every chance I get....or, until they clear ALL Teams, to cheat at will. Even the playing field or trash the whole model.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 12

Just heard on Finebaum that The Pack o germs are naming Kalen Debore as Sabans replacement......were they not paying attention to their arch nemesis The War **** Eagles, Tigers, Plainsmen...... lookin like Bryan Harsin 0.2......Roll Tide!

• Options
    Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

Any bets on how Bear Alexander was poached?

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 12

Unless I'm misunderstanding the whole scheme, the knowledge from the stolen signs was being incorporated in real time from the sidelines during games. Then there's all the practicing and coordination involved in making sure the entire defense could execute the call, on the fly, as a cohesive unit. I don't see how it's even logistically possible for the head coach not to know what was going on.

It's such an out-in-the-open thing at this point, and has been for some time. So to say, as the article does, that the committee left FSU out because they knew about the violations, but didn't do a **** thing about Michigan, seems like a stretch.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They're nicknamed the Criminoles for a reason..GoDAWGS!

• Options

Dude....the media is going to say and do anything to cover their butts, on this one. They were all complicit and spoke with one voice....in keeping FSU out of the CFP. So much so....that they tossed UGA under the bus as additional "cover". Because, let's face it....they've done it before. Most recently, in 2018.

ESPN owns DIV1 CFB. They will attempt to discredit UGA, as in the past. They have issues with teams from Georgia and Florida. It's a Disney Politics Thang, dontcha know?.

• Options

How is the above "Off-Topic". I'm about to start "Flagging" some people. Lol.

The conversation is about Saban and Bama. You disagree with what I said....use your words.

Go Dawgs! There's some "Topic" for you closet Bama Fans. Lol