Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Alabama to hire Washington head coach Kalen DeBoer as replacement for Nick Saban

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited January 12 in Article commenting
imageAlabama to hire Washington head coach Kalen DeBoer as replacement for Nick Saban

Alabama appears to have found its next head coach, as ESPN’s Pete Thamel reports that Washington’s Kalen DeBoer will be stepping in for the now-retired Nick Saban.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My only recollection about DeBoer was the Texas game, where he nearly gave the win away by mismanaging the last two possessions. If AD Mitchell catches that last pass from Ewers, there would be no way DeBoer would be in this position.

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Always tough for a coach to come to the SEC from outside. Good luck at Bama where the fans will always have high expectations.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wow, what loser. A lateral move from a higher ranked team.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bad choice and gone in 2-3 years. Dawg fans should be thrilled withy this choice.

• Options
    BASDawgBASDawg Posts: 39 ✭✭ Sophomore

From Pac-12 to SEC aka grown man football. We'll see. I'm sceptical.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Am I the only guy who was cringing when Washington didn’t get Penix out late in the fourth quarter after the game was obviously decided. He looked to be in serious pain. I couldn’t believe they didn’t get him out to prevent further injury. That why I wouldn’t hire DeBoar to coach a football team. Yes, he’s obviously a good football coach when it comes to winning games, but leaving a player in who is in such pain is a red flag to me as a parent.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Note to Jaheim, Justice and Caleb....the time to leave a burnin buildin is when the fire has just started.....now that fire house has been called and you know it's a few squirts short of a water fountain, come on home to ATHENS, where next years NC resides.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting choice for sure. Seems awfully fast, too.

Bad choice according to my SWAG/opinion.

In any case, I hope it doesn't work particularly well for the Arrogant Elephant Gumps™.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A great hire for them..All he's ever done is win.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great choice among reigning P5 head coaches. But I do agree with you that I’ll give him 3 years. maybe more with the right coordinators. SEC is just different.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think this was a great choice. It needed to be someone completely out of the good-ole-boy network of the usual regurgitation of other SEC coaches just moving to a different school. This gives Bama a new light, fresh start, new perspective, and hopefully ends up being a good choice. Time will tell.

• Options

He'll be able to reel in the top receivers in the country because of how they aired it out in Washington.

• Options

Do you think he can recruit against Kirby Smart, Hugh Freeze, Lane Kiffin and Chip Kelly? LOL. I give him 3 maybe 4 years and if he doesn't win the national championship he'll be gone. It's probably going to be like when the Bear retired: they went through a half dozen mediocre coaches before they got to Saban. Probably some kid who is in diapers now will be their savior 30 or 40 years from now.

• Options
  • Options

Bond entered the transfer portal at BAMA. Any more WR scholarships left?

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's a bidding war between Texas and Georgia for Bond. We need Bond so bad and it would feel good to get them back for Adonai.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They actually had a pretty good program and a national championship under Stallings. The other coaches were trash, though.

I think this was a focus on an energetic coach more than X’s and O’s.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This pick was done by Nick Saban and I think it is a great pick. DeBoer is a great recruiter. Sure he is coming into the SEC but he will have a of talent. Replacing Saban is almost impossible but I believe Nick picked the right guy!