Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Travaris Robinson to remain at Georgia after interviewing for Alabama defensive coordinator opening

SystemSystem Posts: 10,464 admin
edited January 15 in Article commenting
imageTravaris Robinson to remain at Georgia after interviewing for Alabama defensive coordinator opening

Despite interviewing for the Alabama defensive coordinator job, ESPN’s Chris Low reports that Travaris Robinson will remain on staff at Georgia as the co-defensive coordinator and safeties coach.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 15

WHEWWWW, I now have an even higher opinion of T-Rob cause I'm sure Debore & Bama threw some major bucks his way to reel him back.....but alas, anyone who knows anything about the SEC, The Tide, knows that the Debore hire was rollin the dice based on a winning record in suspect conferences minus a piss poor recruitment record......had T-Rob bought the hype/change he could very well be no where in one or two years when the Bama Fan base runs Greg & Kalen out of Tuscaloosa.....I predict that as soon as Glenn is presented a HC position suitable with his requirements (possibly Bama), T-Rob is our man and I also predict a major improvement in our D stats in 24 and 25 along with at least one more Natty.....all setting T-Rob up as a Prime HC candidate.......WELCOME BACK T-Rob!!!!! GOOOOO DAWGS, SICEM!.....p/s keepin my fingers and toes crossed he's able to lure Caleb Downs and Justice Haynes back home!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As soon as I started hearing the rumors, I thought he was gone. And honestly couldn't blame him if he did. Knew all those players and knew them well. Glad he decided to stick with us. Good coach and wish him well.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Two sentences and a C & P. Good work.

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What do you mean? I have no idea.

I'm glad to hear he's staying, but he has not been here long enough to find the water fountain.

Interesting that he didn't return to the Gumps as DC. It would be nice to know why. Perhaps knowing why would give us some insight into him, or the new Elephant Coach, or the Gump program.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 15

“Georgia’s Glenn Schumann is the defensive coordinator for the Bulldogs. He held that title for the first time last season, when the Bulldogs led the SEC in scoring defense.”

I just read an article that identified Schumann as a serious candidate for the Head Coaching job at Washington. I think I can speak for the majority of DawgNation in hoping to have at least one more season with Schumann on staff. I believe it’s inevitable that he will one day take a HC job, but right now we need him to focus on 2024!

Never mind, I just saw where they hired someone. I guess we dodged another bullet!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    sfalexansfalexan Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

Interesting that Schumann was a name thrown around for the Washington job, but not the AZ job (who filled the Washington HC role). Let's hope we hold on to CGS for another year.

Any thoughts on the story with Muschamp? Is he looking for an early retirement or to have a slower pace? I thought that was an interesting (concerning?) development. I know many of these guys who have been HCs have pay-outs that allow them to take roles like Muschamp has. Does his most recent pay-out end soon and is this a way for him to step out gracefully?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was messed up for awhile with the Robinson deal. First he was hired and at UGA, then interviewing next day back in Bama? Now, it is announced he is indeed at UGA. Great hire. Exceptional recruiter. Welcome aboard, Travaris.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome, again coach T-Rob!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Retire?!...he's not even 50 yrs old, yet...is he? I don't think he's "done", by a long shot. A lot of good coaching left in the old boy...IMO.

But....ya neva' know. He could fold up his tent and go home. I'm sure he's not hurting for money. That's probably not a factor.

I would think, the biggest factor would be the age and location of his children. I can see him taking a step back, like Matt Luke did, to spend more time with his family.

Either way...he's done a helluva job at UGA. As a Player....and a Coach. God be with him and his family.

You know....one thing I didn't consider...is that he may be mulling over an NFL Position. It would make sense....especially if it was in Atlanta. Lol

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good to hear this news! Actually, T-Rob made the smart decision. As Spurrier has said, DeBoer probably lasts 2-3 years at Bama. Schumann will be moving into a Head Coaching job soon. Reasonable to assume T-Rob will then be our DC. Georgia clearly a more stable situation currently.

interesting to see how well DeBoer can recruit in the Deep South. I’m thinking all the current Head Coaches in the SEC will be as good or better than a guy from South Dakota with no coaching experience any where near this part of the country. Of course, he may turn out to be the next Saban, but more likely Spurrier’s take is more likely. As a Dawg fan, I would enjoy watching the new Bama coach fail miserably.

Time will tell.

• Options
    edited January 15

I don't think "anybody" expects Deboer to last much longer than Bryan Hanson did at Auburn.

He's their 1st "Sacrificial Lamb", post-Saban. The Bammers had to eat a few coaches after The Bear retired....and again, after Gene Stallings retired. In a word...."predictable".

Deboer is doomed, and he hasn't even gotten started, yet. Lol...he's gonna have a hard time filling his staff with quality coaching...IMO.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm not sure how to feel on this. He was hired to be our co-OC and then immediately turned around to interview for another job? That seems kind of off-putting to me.

• Options

I suspect, he agreed to that interview "before" the UGA offer....and, just took the interview out of respect. Kirby probably knew all about it, "before" he hired him, as well.

I think this is one of those non-issues. At least, that's what I'm hoping. Lol

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

FYI, Muschamp is 52... lot of miles left, I'd guess 😁

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m very glad he followed through and stuck with UGA. Now let’s enjoy watching our Dawgs kick some heavy duty azz in the SEC and out of conference to !! Go Dawgs !!