Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: All-everything Georgia HS quarterback Julian “Ju Ju” Lewis reclassifies to 2025 class

2»

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It doesn't matter if the kid comes to UGA or not to me, we'll be good either way, just like without Raiola. My thought(which got misconstrued ) imagine that, was more like why doesn't he want to play for a team that consistetly plays for the NC? That coulld be BAMA, Ohio St, now MIchigan, Clemson... etc...Hoisitng up the NC trophy would have to rank as the pinnacle of College success(to me).

That doesn't make him a bad kid if that's not his ultimate goal(people try to put words in your mouth alot on here). Just different. I said he values working with Riley more if that's where he ends up. Again, nothing wrong with that. JUst different. DIfferent than what? THe kind of kid that I want to play at UGA. But feel free to feel differently.

I think it's pretty awesome that the only QB for UGA to win2 NC's wanted to be the QB at UGA when he was like 6 ! FInd me that guy! Find me the guy that bleeds UGA red! Let those who would rather go ride the waves, go! Plenty more fish in the sea. You can't make everyone love you.

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

Your last paragraph is one of the funniest things I have seen on this site. Maybe if you stay in Georgia this is a true statement. Maybe. I dont know. I left when I graduated (hence my username).

If you leave the state of Georgia, and especially the southeast, no one gives a d@mn you went to UGA. While if you went to an Ivy League, that has pull across the US and abroad.

Fact of the matter is if you don't go Ivy League, where you got your BA matters very, very little outside of that school's state and in some instances region. The exception is if your state school has the top program in your major in the country. In that situation your resume will be moved towards the top of the pile.

As an example. Its widely known that an MBA is pretty much just any old MBA unless you go to a top ten MBA program.

Georgia is a good school and has gotten even better since I graduated. But you're kidding yourself if its seen as a top school anywhere outside of Georgia.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wasn't talking about that kind of connection [waving your paper].

What I'm talking about, is a different kind of connection with the Athletic Department...Football in particular, cause those are the people I know.

EXAMPLE: One of my Cousins that played for UGA back in the late '70's is a multimillionaire, in Texas. He and a another former Dawg used their "Dawg Nation connections" to build a gas distributorship.

I.e., if you are a former Dawg and need an assist....it's just a phone call away. In a word..."Priceless".

IMO....You don't see that kind of connection with other CFB Programs. They talk the talk....but, the Bulldogs walk the walk.

It's no coincidence....that a group of former Dawgs....[Smart, Muschamp, Bobo, McClendon, Cavan, etal..]...wound up taking UGA to the Natty, in '17, '21, '22 and almost '23. And, they're favored to win it all again every year for the foreseeable future.

Dawgs stick together...always have and always will. Bama used to be the same way, back during Bear's time. I don't know if that's changed, or not.

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ah. I see. My apologies for the incorrect assumption.

How do you see the new way of CFB (transfer portal and NIL) affecting that?

• Options

Honestly...I don't know how Kirby does it...other than suggest it's a gift that not many people have. To be able to "see" these kids for "who they are", and form a connection or bond, deeper than "football". Moreover, he seems to inspire others to do the same. That's a natural-born leader.

I don't think Todd Monkin ever completely bought into all that....["Family", "connection", etc.]. Lol...you could tell by his parting words. But, I think it's real....and it existed long before Todd Monkin, Kirby Smart and Mark Richt.

IMO....Kirby just took it to a level that hasn't existed in Athens, since Erk Russell left. Happy Days are here Again! Lol

• Options
    egdawgsegdawgs Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

I hope thiis immensely talented young QB Lewis realizes he can play at a Georgia team that will give him a chance to win a Nationlal Championship. I know QB's want to go to USC thinking their Coach can get them to the NFL but so can Georgia and you can a championship to take with you and can learn to be a real winner.

• Options

I have a feeling....that's where a couple of em, will end up...before everything is said and done. Sayin, Manning, Raiola....there's no telling where they will be this time, next year.

Recruiting for QB's, DB's and RB's....is year-to-year, as long as the current CFB model exists. Even in Athens....IMO.